IGVENTURE

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
No, we stopped at one of the other cafeteria type places they had. The food, though simple was surprisingly good with a legit home-made flare.

What do I do for a bunion ?
I'm not really sure how I got it, cycling, xc skiing, heredity. I remember as a small child asking my grandmother what happened to her foot. I now realize they were bunions but back then she told me she ran over her foot with a lawn mower. Any how I have to say that since I've been back on the xc skis the last few days it loosened up and is not sore, even when I do yoga. Usually my toe/bunion was very tender when doing yoga.
Has anyone had bunion issues?

View attachment 46073
8eyhqk.gif

At what age does this become an issue, so I can prepare myself.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No idea how to fix a bunion. But pretty sure it's from shoving your feet in pointy shoes.

It's why women get them when they wear shitty high-heels with pointy toes.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
get that fixed, its going to screw up your other toes.
w1f3 had it done - nbd.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That high heels thing us bull shit, I'm usually in open toed sandals.

20170113_071806.jpg

I have not been keeping up with the BIYF thread but I'd say if you didn't ride yesterday you should get -20 pts. I don't mind the cold but 60 degrees in January is relaxing. I'm kinda pissed that it warmed up and the snow melted but at least I can get in some comfortable road riding.

Yesterday I did a coastal ride, starting down Belmar Blvd, along Belmar up to Sea Girt, right turn to Brielle, left and over the bridge into Point Pleasant, through town, over the canal and back onto mainland. Herberstville rd. for a long ass time, past Allaire, into Howelltucky and find my way back to Belmar Blvd.

After looking at the internets before my ride I'm glad I went with knee warmers and base layer, everyone was posting shorts and jersey rides but around 1 mile from the coast there was a sharp temperature drop. Riding along Belmar there was a dense moist cold fog thing, like a refrigerator defrosting.

20170113_072358.jpg

After my ride I went to Kane and visited the Wall of Beer. It's good to see breweries in NJ putting out some solid stuff. I was able to snag some 4pks of Double and triple IPA.

20170113_071439.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Is Kane open for retail business during the week? I assumed they were only open on Saturday and Sunday.

I can't believe I haven't made time to go there, hence my question. I'm way overdue.

I got out for 19 miles after school yesterday, also in arm/knee warmers and wind front base layer. It was way cooler along the ocean front.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I forgot how much work RV is.. I haven't been riding much in the last 2 weeks, so it took me awhile to get my mojo going. Once I parked in Cushataunk I climbed in, did the hike a bike and headed toward the boat launch. My body was in shock doing those climbs heading out. By the time I got to the switchbacks I had to pace myself to keep it going. Once I got to the lookout I felt better after I took a selfie. From there I headed back, my legs came around and puke hill climb went fast and then enjoyed some downhill. I bought Kirts old dropper post, it felt like I was on a bmx bike going downhill with my seat dropped. Thats a great toy but with my heavy minion tires and added weight of the dropper its definitely more work pedalling this rig uphill. I might have to change my chain ring, I think its a 32.

Top Bottom