IGVENTURE

Slow day on the golf course?

Thats all? No lap details? Martin had much more detail in his recap..

(ThaT was fkn great... I see you have me at the start hitting the branch too.)

I like this better than mine ...

I love the picture of the start line. For anyone who hasn't done this race, that's pretty much how it looks. Every year I have to laugh before the start because having everyone line up in a curve like that before all of them converging on a narrower road is just a recipe for disaster. After watching GoT's "Battle of the Bastards" episode this year, I half expected to get crushed against a wall of dead bodies. And I'm not even complaining ... I LOVE the start at CP and I hope they never change it. I mean, how many other 6 hour race do you know of where you could potentially be out of it before you're even a hundred yards up the road?

Thats all? No lap details? Martin had much more detail in his recap..
I liked Martin's recap but didn't read it, I got dizzy just looking at it.
I will say that those where the fastest consecutive 4 laps I've ever done there, my times continue to improve. I liked rigid SS with 2:1 gearing for CP.
Good times riding out with Mitchy Mitch and Waters. Will do again.

The Holiday season is here, hopefully you are off from work...or maybe your at work but not doing shit. Are people really productive at work the week between Christmas and New Year? If your a cop or work in retail of food business then I guess you would be busy but everyone else should just chill the fuck out.

I say this because I am chilling the fuck out, I slept until 10:30 this morning. I was going to wake up but I kept having these micro dreams and besides it was raining so I'm in no rush to mtb anywhere. This post does have a purpose, so I guess I am being productive this morning. Yesterday the family did a road trip to Grounds for Sculpture, this is like the top 10 things white families go see in NJ...although I did hear some spanish speaking people yesterday checking out the exhibits. The history of this place is that at one time it was NJ Fairgrounds, whatever the fuck that means, and a race track. In the 80's the heir to the Johnson estate bought the property and turned it into what it is today. Most of Johnson's works are sculpture's depicting famous paintings, while done with great skill and detail the whole idea is rather kitsch. Regardless these scenes of famous paintings attract a crowd. I found Johnson's most amazing contribution to be the bronze sculpture that survived the 911 attack, which will go on to be as famous as the Renoir and Van Gogh original paintings he copies in his sculptures.

20161229_122247.jpg

20161228_145952.jpg

Also, not related but I thought I'd mention that Mary got this coffee maker recently and it makes really good coffee.

20161229_111226.jpg

That's a $300 coffee maker. It feeds water to the filter area with a pulsing action that keeps the water temperature consistent while it filters through the coffee.
My wife got it from William Sonoma using rewards points. I need to do something similar with bike stuff.

whats on the radar for 2017 iggster
I've been meaning to follow up with this. It seems that if you are a promoter and you don't have your race date out by this time of year, it could get bumped by another event.
I have to say that I am bummed to see the H2H losing venues like Jungle and 909, if they didn't have March Mayhem I would not be too upset but to lose two solid courses is a blow. Hey shit happens, now that H2H is losing races it is more apparent how great the series was. The number of racers has dwindled over the years but I always appreciated the chance to race locally. Even though 909 was 2 hrs away the course was a lot of fun and worth the drive.
Well here is what I am looking at. It's the same amount of races I usually do however French Creek and Bear Creek would be new for me, which is good because it's always good to work some new races in. Also I should add that I think i am going to race SS. I won 50 + class last year however in reality Dave Kahl and Ken Welch beat me soundly any time we lined up, I was able to win the series because they missed some double point races. I kinda know how I am going to finish in 50+class based on who shows up. SS Class, I have no idea what would happen.

March- MTBNJ Short Track
March 25- HOH or H2H March Mayhem
April 23- H2H Mooch Madness
April 29 - H2H Wawayanda
May 13 - French Creek
May 21 - SSAP
June 4 - Bear Creek
June 11 - H2H Bulldog Romp
June 25 - Lewmo
November - CP

No, we stopped at one of the other cafeteria type places they had. The food, though simple was surprisingly good with a legit home-made flare.

What do I do for a bunion ?
I'm not really sure how I got it, cycling, xc skiing, heredity. I remember as a small child asking my grandmother what happened to her foot. I now realize they were bunions but back then she told me she ran over her foot with a lawn mower. Any how I have to say that since I've been back on the xc skis the last few days it loosened up and is not sore, even when I do yoga. Usually my toe/bunion was very tender when doing yoga.
Has anyone had bunion issues?

20170111_092757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom