Mercer County Park Conditions

Big Al

Excellent work on removing the gum balls. That section definitely was one of the worst.

Continued my mission against the gum balls this morning. Orange from dam to QB Road has been cleared and the “s” turn on yellow on the other side of Van Nest. There is a 12” dia tree on orange near the U around the creek.View attachment 67204

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Said tree in orange is taken care off. After silkying the vine I realize the tree weighed like 10 lbs and was able to roll it. Also took care of a hanger and some other low hanging fruit.

DE0ACCB3-28C5-4E4A-90E4-6B11E5BA3AFA.jpeg
E75F1E4D-38D7-44C4-AB8A-4313E4313305.jpeg
782F414E-FE6F-411F-AE80-91E5A90EF5F1.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Lotso water on the orange, I came from QB Road and there were a few spots with water on the trail where I have never seen it before and then this:
206A569C-8953-4748-A63A-5806DDD806E3.jpeg

Which is where the crappy skinny used to be.

Tons of flowing water but the remainder of van nest and the marina side are good. Would have to imagine the boat house side is really wet.

TAS

Rode west to east on the south side of the lake today. Van Nest along the creek is flooded in several spots similar as the pic from stb222 shows, Nice job removing that log! I removed a downed tree on one of the VanNest connector trails. The Blue trail along the lake is also flooded, as is the grail trail and the red loop trail east of the east picnic area. There is a tree down on blue near the rowing center. I'll try to saw that one tomorrow. Everything else on the south side is rideable

TAS

02camaro

i was there yesterday as well (first time), conditions when there wasnt standing water were great, other spots looked like almost 2 ft of water. looking forward to a trip back when its not flooded.

i did my best to move any random logs/branches off the trails when i could. fun trails

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Road much of van nest / marina side and place is rippin'.

Near the dam is moist and two good water holes at the nominal "crossings" and the one I posted the other day is now only 6' wide but maybe 8" deep so gets you alittle wet. Otherwise, ready to rip for the weekend!

TAS

Hi Folks, Yesterday I went over and removed that annoying tree near the culvert on Blue North. I left the smaller log over nearby in place as that one is fun.
Walked that trail section west a bit and removed a few other “gonna fall any minute” dead limbs.

It’s like every strong storm that comes thru drops another big limb loaded with Poison ivy.
That section has needed some TLC for a while.
There are more trees in there that could be removed preemptively but that’s for another day.

TAS

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Van nest is mostly good with some slide and some splatter here and there. Get it in before the storms come through.

TAS

Rode the entire south side: Van Nest to East Picnic area today. Conditions are EXCELLENT!!! :cool: Get out there for these super spring conditions.
A few face slappers here & there - I clipped a bunch of them. Grass is getting high but not bad.
The only exception is red loop east of the east picnic area. It is still under water!

Trail Maintenance this weekend!!!!

Memorial Day.....Remember the Veterans past and present who gave everything for the cause of our liberty. America!

TAS

olegbabich

Went into the park from Crew House.

Flood everywhere I went, had to turn around, feel shame.

Will need a full week to dry out.

20180529_104140 (2).jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions