Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

Rode last Wed and snowpack was still there. Rideable if you have a fat tire.. and I was down to 5-6 psi in front. What a workout!!
I had the delight of riding fresh trail ( unpacked) on Blue over by the rowing center, SOB and the Grail Trail nearby. NICE!
Hoping that the warm weather and rain have have washed most of it away.
I am heading out tomorrow afternoon before the snow starts. Will post a ride report.
TAS

Rocks & Water

Went to the park sat in mid afternoon to check how bad the trails would be I'm only like 5 mins away. If it looked bad I ride the paved path. Most all of the trails were good to go, not drying up all the way but setting up well with the cold also. Did leaved some tire prints here and there but no ruts. Did not ride blue trail or back up behind the tennis court.

Big Al

The western section of the park was great this morning. Plenty of spiky balls though. Snow is coming...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The western section of the park was great this morning. Plenty of spiky balls though. Snow is coming...
F those spiky balls, will push me for some removal activity.

Some slide in the open spots at lunch today, which means nothing with the pending snow.

TAS

2:30 PM Rode from West Picnic to East picnic on Red, Then Red Loop. Blue trails, Son of Blue and Grail Trail.
Past the rowing center onto Blue north of the power lines.
All pretty much a described. A few gooey spots here & there but solid below. Have to alter your line a bit so as not to "power slide" But hey thats fun!
Blue North is in great condition Very few soft spots. 3 Trees down on Blue North, cleared 2 but the 3rd near the twin ponds will need power saw. I cleared a walk around.
Back over to the West Picnic and looped around the BMX pit area a few times.... I am with stb222 & Mark S....Hate those damm spiky balls!:banana: They gotta Go!. I just may get out there with a rake after the next snow melts.

TAS

TAS

Raked a few trails around the west picnic area yesterday afternoon. No more SPIKY BALLS!
Gonna hit the Paxton Ave twisties area next time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Raked a few trails around the west picnic area yesterday afternoon. No more SPIKY BALLS!
Gonna hit the Paxton Ave twisties area next time.
I qc’ed your work and picked up the missed stuff :).
Thanks to the people who did this.
E247A00A-1800-4413-9B9D-58E89D08FB3E.jpeg
EE804F40-3039-4AAF-8AFF-C48C9E4C42BB.jpeg

TAS

Yeah I saw that and I'll bet the entire south side is similar where it's prone to get - stay soft. The Paxton Twisties too. Some folks just don't get it.
At least the last rider took a nice clean line (bottom pic). Hey I want to ride 3 times a week too but.....
This time of year during freeze-thaw conditions if your riding and leaving ruts like this.. GET OFF, walk out and go home!
We have more rain coming Sunday and it's not going to get any drier any time soon.. Then it will get cold again - repeat.....

TAS

TAS

Quick Ride report for Thursday 2PM.... trail surface was plastic - soft but not wet or muddy! Yesterday was cloudy, warmer but the ground is still cold, so no sun preserved the surface conditions. Rode the south side West (Van Nest & Paxton) to East including Red Loop, SOB, Grail Trail and Blue to the Rowing center. Cleared 2 low hanging trees behind the Tennis center. Saw a Beaver in the creek by Blue! Apparently there was a cold weather fish kill in the lake as there are dead Shad in the river below the dam. Observed an immature Eagle fly-over in Van Nest. Trails are generally in good shape following freeze thaw protocol. Spiky balls all over... Need to do more raking!!!

TAS

zmodica

I just came off the trail and it's fast and Frozen today but was going to bring up the dead fish that Tas mentioned. Is that a normal occurrence here? I thought I was in the beginning of a horror movie. The dead eaten turkey vulture on the trail was a nice touch as well.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I just came off the trail and it's fast and Frozen today but was going to bring up the dead fish that Tas mentioned. Is that a normal occurrence here? I thought I was in the beginning of a horror movie. The dead eaten turkey vulture on the trail was a nice touch as well.

Ru pesce ruasse ze magne ru pescerille. (or something like that)
the big fish eat the little fish.

RoB

My last ride there, I saw more dead animals in general than I have in 20 years of riding at Mercer, including the fish. Dead deer, fox, squirrels, as well as the aforementioned vulture. It was a little creepy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions