Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

Cleaned up the downed tree enough to make it safe & passable by going under neath. You will have to dismount.
We plan to clear it on Monday. TAS
DSCN1420.jpg

TAS

Was out this afternoon about 2:30. What a mess...:eek: But not as bad as I had expected.
Lots of small stuff everywhere. Off & on the bike every 100 yards!
Nice to know that some folks still have the old maps with the grid co-ordinates!
:thumbsup:
I cleared the tree on Red L8. There was also one down on the Red loop P10 that I mostly cleared. You can get past now but have to hop the log. I'll get my big saw tomorrow and clear the tree on blue B9. Cleared a big branch on SOB L7. Someone must have cleared the tree in Van Nest @ B7. I was there about 5PM and didn't see it.

TAS

Big Al

Conditions are pretty good at the moment. I guess a couple trees came down on Sunday. There's a tree down on red between west picnic and the marina (H9). There's another one right behind the finish tower (L8). There's also a big tree down on son of blue (L7).

TAS

UGH! That is a mess...I am going out for a ride today. I'll clean up what I can to make it easier to get thru.
But I don't that I can clear it completely today with hand saws....

TAS

TAS

WARNING.... WARNING... DO NOT walk or ride UNDER this blow down.

It IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and can collapse at any time

I have cleared temporary paths around it. I blocked the trail on both sides. Please do not remove these blocks.

DSCN1499.JPG

DSCN1500.JPG
As you can see in this last pic there is not much holding it up.
DSCN1502.JPG

TAS

Big Al

The tree has been cleared. It was down when we arrived this morning.

View attachment 60116

Did fall on it 's own or was it the earthquake???
I saw it was down last Monday morning (11/27). The earthquake was on Thursday (11/30). I think it was really windy on Sunday, the day after trail maintenance (11/26), of course.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions