Mercer County Park Conditions

The Kalmyk

That sir, would be a crap-ton of gravel to fill mud-bog. :D
Looking forward to working with you bro. Probably going to be doing more armoring on Blue or a slight reroute to go around the ridiculous mud road trail head off of South Post road at the next TM.

And a lot of digging but it would work

TAS

Haha, @Mountain Bike Mike and I were perplexed
Ahh.... The Xmas tree... Sorry to say but it expired summer of 2015, and dried to a small dead stick. Here is my last pic of the tree in christmas garb.
DSCN0269.JPG

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Needed to do a quick errand and hit some rake in Van Nest on the way back. Just changed the socks and shoes today.

A little bit of slide on top based on walking, but the trail tread is solid. Lock and load, next few days are time to rip.
A78613C5-0DE3-4F9A-BA81-F60DFDC62D1E_zps1blhtchu.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Needed to do a quick errand and hit some rake in Van Nest on the way back. Just changed the socks and shoes today.

A little bit of slide on top based on walking, but the trail tread is solid. Lock and load, next few days are time to rip.

You my friend, are one confident fella. :)

rick81721

Lothar

giphy.gif

TAS

OK Todays ride report - Beautiful conditions!
The western sections red, yellow, orange & Van Nest are perfect. BTW Nice Rake job in Van Nest!
Red to the east picnic area & blue is fine. Blue along the lake is fine, as is the Grail trail and SOB (Blue alternate) is fine.
However, Please avoid the red loop east of the East Picnic area it is a watery mud pit!:eek::thumbsdown:

The armoring job on Blue North is working very well. NO MUD! Just needs to settle in some more.
When riding the trail head in from South Post road, road please ride between the ruts (center).
That big puddle is hard sand in the middle.

Alert on the three bridges next to the ponds..

The first bridge is soft and missing slats.
The second bridge has experienced a support beam failure.
The support beam is laying in the creek and the bridge is sagging to one side.
I did not ride it, I walked over.
The third bridge has lost a slat, but it is safe & rideable.

TAS

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Marina Sideis ready to rock, Van Nest is like riding on rails and the raked sections are buzzing:
596FFA30-DE56-40B3-9228-85F8CE51A0F1_zpss8acprp9.jpg

Follow what @TAS says about the other side...

rick81721

Lothar
Marina Sideis ready to rock, Van Nest is like riding on rails and the raked sections are buzzing:

Speaking of buzzing i noticed what looks like a groundhog hole next to the trail in van nest somewhere and a bunch of bees seemed to be flying out of it. If you're allergic to bee stings beware

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Speaking of buzzing i noticed what looks like a groundhog hole next to the trail in van nest somewhere and a bunch of bees seemed to be flying out of it. If you're allergic to bee stings beware
Yeah, have seen, just Ride fastly past

TAS

Hmmm.... if they are ground hornets/wasps/yellow jackets we may have to remediate that..before it gets out of control. Bumble bees - the big black & yellow fuzz balls, do nest in unused mice, chipmunk, ground hog burrows but they are rather harmless/less aggressive.

Mountain Bike Mike

Rode the entire place this morning... In great shape.. Sucks it's going to rain tonight.

I do want to take a sec to mention how awesome the trails are as a result of Kevin's hard work with raking. I never thought raking would make such a significant difference. In fact, I turned down opportunities to help him in the fall to rake thinking it wouldn't make that much of a difference. BOY I WAS WRONG~

Well done @stb222 and THANKS!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions