Mercer County Park Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
Getting better - flooded sections on the west side around the lake and creek are good now. North tho, still bad sections around the lake. I popped on S. Post road to check out upper blue and forget it, the entrance was all muck.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The stuff I rode, was dry, actually starting to be soft in the sandy areas. Van nest has a thin layer of small debris / rocks on the trail so careful when trying to g out the corners. Lots of small debris elsewhere, nothing of concern but just enough to throw you off your lone.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Van Nest and West Picnic are rocking, stick it and rip it conditions.

I raked the other half of the West Picnic twisties that I didn't rake in the fall (no more gum balls and shredded sticks!!!, threw a bunch of crap in one of the shortcuts in said area and raked over by the Christmas Tree trail (why is i called that?) across the way.

We need to name these trails something other than red and blue. Thoughts?

TAS

Hey Folks, Mercer Trail Maintenance is this Saturday!!! The section planned to be worked on is the Blue trail off South Post road
(mentioned above). We will try to complete the trail surface hardening that began last fall in the worst muck area.
So come on out and give some love back to the place we ride. Meet in the Marina parking lot 9:00 AM.
The more of you ... the more we can do! AND it will be more fun than fertilizing and mowing the lawn!

TAS

Last edited:

TAS

Pic of Saturday work site
DSCN1243.JPG

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Great day to be digging, great crew.
We got a large section of armoring done on the blue trail that links up to where we left off last fall.
We still have to work on the entrance road off of South post road but once you get past that, it should be good to go other than a few small sections that will be remediated at some point this year! #JORBArocks!

IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG

rick81721

Lothar
Great day to be digging, great crew.
We got a large section of armoring done on the blue trail that links up to where we left off last fall.
We still have to work on the entrance road off of South post road but once you get past that, it should be good to go other than a few small sections that will be remediated at some point this year! #JORBArocks!

View attachment 50736 View attachment 50737

Nice! Was that another day of pulling rocks out of the farmers field?

TAS

Todays Ride report: PLEASE avoid the red loop east of the east picnic area.. Still way too wet to ride.
Removed a poison ivy monster blow down on blue North. The new armored section off south post road is a bit loose but settling in nicely.
Every where else is just PERFECTION!!!
:thumbsup: Get out there... it's spring time at Mercer!
TAS

TeamMuddySprocket

Van Nest and West Picnic are rocking, stick it and rip it conditions.

I raked the other half of the West Picnic twisties that I didn't rake in the fall (no more gum balls and shredded sticks!!!, threw a bunch of crap in one of the shortcuts in said area and raked over by the Christmas Tree trail (why is i called that?) across the way.

We need to name these trails something other than red and blue. Thoughts?
@stb222 must ride to fast to notice the charlie brown christmas tree during xmas time

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Lay some of that gravel stabilizer down. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to joining everyone on the next tm.
That sir, would be a crap-ton of gravel to fill mud-bog. :D
Looking forward to working with you bro. Probably going to be doing more armoring on Blue or a slight reroute to go around the ridiculous mud road trail head off of South Post road at the next TM.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions