Memorial in the WMA

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Hey gang,

It'd been a little while since I looped through the WMA, so I did today. First, I was shocked to see a LOT of trees gone the first time you get to the power lines when entering off of the north end of the rail bed.

When I got to the radio tower I found something else unexpected; this memorial. Anybody know the story?

The little sticker is a 24 hours of Allamuchy sticker.

Tim

Attachments

• 04-08-09_1310.jpg
    04-08-09_1310.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 281

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Sorry guys, I guess I was ambiguous with my query...I get that he was a local bike enthusiast who passed...

I'm wondering why the memorial is there, of all places...

Perhaps he was a Mahlon fan, the memorial wouldn't be allowed on park real-estate, and this is as close they could get?

Did he pass in the WMA? The news story that Norm forwarded says he passed in Dover.

Did he work at the radio tower? Again, the news story says he was a carpenter.

Maybe his last ride was a run through the WMA?

????

I can't see anything particularly interesting about the where the memorial is at....

A very nice memorial, though...

PS: Another thing interesting about the memorial: There is a hole drilled in the side of the post with a Sharpie stuck in it. At first, I thought it was for friends to sign the board or something when they visited the memorial...but there were no signatures or anything written on the front or back of the board. ????

Last edited:

southernerinnj

From what I could determine I believe the guy was a local. Maybe it was his local track that he frequented? Not sure just shooting in the dark, but my best guess.

bill-now

Doomed
I happened across the memorial last Sunday. At first I thought that it was a warning of what "they" would do to your bike if you rode too near the tower building.

Paranoid, who me?:hmmm:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions