Memorial Day Weekend / Top of Skyline Super Shuttle & BBQ

Attending

• Only if there's quality craft beer specially brewed by Buddhist monks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think shuttling is a cop-out, like riding an eBike or drinking coors light

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Sunday, May 28th @ 10:00am

The ride starts at the top of Skyline Drive and continues on into Ringwood State Park. We’ll work our way across to Sheperd Lake then finish at Ringwood Manor off Mill Pond Rd. This is a ONE WAY ride. We will shuttle back to the Top of Skyline in cars. Of course you can ride the trails back if you want but then you’ll miss the BBQ afterward!

If I were to guess (based on my Strava data), the whole ride is approximately 60% downhill. Don’t be fooled though, there will be plenty of rocky and technical climbing involved.

Wheels Down: @ TOS: 10:00am
Approximate Ride Time: 3 hours
Pace: Fun/Moderate (no one left behind!)
BBQ Afterward @ TOS

Vehicle shuttles and BBQ details will be sorted out as we get closer to the date and people confirm. I’m thinking simple: burgers, dogs and beers, maybe a vegetarian option if necessary. I have a gas grill and coolers. Please chime in with thoughts, suggestions and ideas if you are interested.

I made a crude a map of the route...

RINGWOOD_MAP Big ride.jpeg

Bump ...
Sunday's the day. Should be a good day to ride and enjoy a post-ride brew.

Please chime in if you think you can make it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update: The ride is still on. BBQ is now off.
I plan on bringing a cooler with beer and snacks for everyone but don't want to risk getting rained on while grilling.

So far we have 5 people riding, including myself. We'll need at least 2 cars down at Ringwood Manor. If you are planning to attend speak up so we can coordinate. Feel free to message me.

Thanks for setting it up and the hospitality. Beast of a ride with some cool people.

where is this feature? My favorite but we didn't ride it.

ah I see. Always came off as part of warm puppy to me because it flowed right into it. We had to cut out Skylands to save a life. More important.

ah I see. Always came off as part of warm puppy to me because it flowed right into it. We had to cut out Skylands to save a life. More important.
Those drops are on Skylands, a little ways from warm puppy. We would have been going in the opposite direction anyway.

Even with the detour we managed 13+ miles. Fun times. Looking forward to doing this ride again.

IMG_5926.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom