Team MTBNJ Halter's
Memorial Day weekend at Raystown!

Kicking it off right:

image.jpeg

Riding 25 miles on day 1 in 90 degrees:

image.jpeg

Playing cards in the evening.

image.jpeg

Day 2 was 24 more miles, then it cooled off enough to enjoy a fire.

image.jpeg

Day 3, a dozen more miles before we hit the road back home.

image.jpeg

Mumonkan

Took the wife and kids for a little ride up the Columbia Trail, then grabbed the dogs and went to the pool at grandma's ... Also got new Zoic shorts at REI :)

13321930_1573049946326139_3950842715400212763_n.jpg

zomg i love your doges. husky life!

whats their names? and whats the one on the right mixed with (if anything?) my pup was a husky/pit and was the same color. miss that fartmachine

JoeLee

Luna (right) is Husky/Golden Retriever - she was stray we got in Atlanta. Loki's a rescue from Husky House in Marlboro - he went un-adopted because he has a potentially, very bad heart condition. He's going un-neutered until he is full grown to help him maybe grow out of it. We have had Huskies before, worked with and fostered for Tails of the Tundra Sibe rescue, etc ... They are a handful but so amazing.

Mumonkan

Luna (right) is Husky/Golden Retriever - she was stray we got in Atlanta. Loki's a rescue from Husky House in Marlboro - he went un-adopted because he has a potentially, very bad heart condition. He's going un-neutered until he is full grown to help him maybe grow out of it. We have had Huskies before, worked with and fostered for Tails of the Tundra Sibe rescue, etc ... They are a handful but so amazing.

awesome, truly rad pups

i havent had a doge since my boy and i wont have one that isnt a husky for as long as i live. soon as i have at least a yard ill get me another bro, i cant live with myself keeping him inside most of the day every day. id love a trail doge that can shred gnar with me

EJphotos

Awesome dogs. We unfortunately had to put our greyhound down on Friday, so that was a sad day. He got bone cancer (pretty common for greyhounds) and broke his hip...he could not move at all and was in serious pain, nothing could be done. Photo of him from last year:
22578098262_cb9659d924_k.jpg

So on Friday night I took a bike ride:
20160527_202725.jpg

Then Saturday I went to 6MR and finished off the cassette. Took it to Halters and dropped it off there. Time for new parts! Sorry, no pics of worn cassette.
That's the only picture I have from this weekend.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@EJphotos very sorry to hear the news about your dog :(

Excellent work @Robin

I did a couple of great rides this weekend in which I took no pics...3 hours at split rock with @JimN then 3 hours at Mahlon with @Kirt and @pooriggy

I did take my son to the car show at M&m's in Hackettstown though
He got to meet the real doc with no trip to Disney required
7rCgcYw.jpg

59N3fsa.jpg

For @gtluke 85 ASC mclaren Capri
HH0TSxM.jpg

There had to be one of these in @Kaleidopete s family collection somewhere :)

BivP3mj.jpg

amazing unrestored Superbird
BJc0UJY.jpg

@Carson there were two of these there, I could not find a flaw in either of them....That said...there had to be 50 new challengers/camaros/mustang/corvettes....Pet peeve of mine...Nobody gives a shit about your new car at a classic car show...we can go rent one at budget for $29.

SFE9qvO.jpg

Pristine 70 340 cuda
QWUNxZq.jpg

Man I love 55-57 nomads
Fc3ixQL.jpg

This was pretty weird...1950 Nash....Nash was part of kelvinator refrigerators at the time, so all of the cars had "kelvinator corp" stamped on the data plates...The owner was a little younger than me, he had no idea what that meant...Pretty cool 350 TT blow through set up
D8J1yyh.jpg

70 aar cuda
FzX5lOF.jpg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm still looking! Maybe I should just rent one every weekend in the summer.

MikeyBikey2000

12 mi hike to the bike on saturday

wild roses (thanks for the id @rick81721) - i love the way these things smellView attachment 36003
new info signage
View attachment 36004
surveyor control point
View attachment 36005
more signage
View attachment 36006
SI! Moses Mountain.. I actually saw what appeared to be a copperhead there.. I heard a snake and since there are only garters and water snakes on SI growing up, I immediately went to pick it up.. and low and behold it was red with fangs and scared the hell out of me.. there's also a non poisonous snake that looks like a copperhead too but the name escapes me now.. either way, was very suprised.

Also, used to mountain bike all through there.. there were trails by the abandoned hospital etc..

Mumonkan

crazy! i thought i saw a water mocassin here when i was a cubscout hiking with the troop, but it was just a regular flavor water snake

greenbelt is my local turf, its the only good thing about this godforsaken wasteland

fun fact: my location "The Bad Woods" is what the Lenape called this island before the whiteman came

Top Bottom