Mdr

snorman

I am new to the site and live 10 minutes from the Reservation, how are the trails smooth rocky ? Im just starting out and not sure what kind of trails I should shoot for.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am new to the site and live 10 minutes from the Reservation, how are the trails smooth rocky ? Im just starting out and not sure what kind of trails I should shoot for.

A little bit of everything and then some. railtrail to some of the rockiest you'll find. Great park to just go out and explore...

danxtj

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the information does this forum post group rides at all ?

Keep your eyes on the Rides, Races, and Events forum. There haven't been too many group rides being posted this winter because of the snow, but people have been starting to hit the trails again.

Once spring/summer hits, you should see a lot more activity there varying in level of fitness.

Once it gets warmer, Marty's has a beginner ride every week at Lewis Morris, which should be relative close to you. I think they had a ride series last year at MDR as well.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks for the information does this forum post group rides at all ?
There are a few of us that ride MDR on a regular basis. I suspect that Mr. Fogerson will be there a lot more this season with his new found freedom. Stocky & his crew are usually there EARLY on weekends. So yeah, there are plenty of group opportunities to get you acquainted with the park.

snorman

Keep your eyes on the Rides, Races, and Events forum. There haven't been too many group rides being posted this winter because of the snow, but people have been starting to hit the trails again.

Once spring/summer hits, you should see a lot more activity there varying in level of fitness.

Once it gets warmer, Marty's has a beginner ride every week at Lewis Morris, which should be relative close to you. I think they had a ride series last year at MDR as well.

Marty's is 10 minutes from me and that is where I got my bike from I am also on the Marty's email list so I hope to see some emails for the beginner rides soon. Thanks Again for the Info.

snorman

There are a few of us that ride MDR on a regular basis. I suspect that Mr. Fogerson will be there a lot more this season with his new found freedom. Stocky & his crew are usually there EARLY on weekends. So yeah, there are plenty of group opportunities to get you acquainted with the park.

I only work 15 days a month so I have plenty of time to go early morning after 8am and I have week days off and every other weekend.

TimWarchol

Scum Sucker
Ill be hosting beginner trail rides at jungle habitat once its clear. I too live by MDR.. are you from jefferson?... look around soon for any posts.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions