MCP Trail Maintenance

DigDug

Sounds good... I just needed to make sure the rugrats were covered with rides to their various activities for the day. Somehow I ended up with a "free pass" for the whole day, woo hoo!

Count me in on the pre-ride also. Although I'm not sure that your easy pace is the same as my easy pace, but I'm sure I'll keep up. I'll plan to be there by 7:00.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I
Sounds good... I just needed to make sure the rugrats were covered with rides to their various activities for the day. Somehow I ended up with a "free pass" for the whole day, woo hoo!

Count me in on the pre-ride also. Although I'm not sure that your easy pace is the same as my easy pace, but I'm sure I'll keep up. I'll plan to be there by 7:00.
I will see you there at 7!
No worries, I won't drop you. It will be a social pace! :)

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Huge thanks to the volunteers for coming out today and giving their time.
We scored some good karma today!
We cleared all of the nicks on the blue trail from the east picnic area to the boat house and raised the tread on some low sections as well as clearing debris and clipping on our way.
Thanks to:
@Mick714
@Big Al
@DigDug (Dug indeed digs! ;)
@Mountain Bike Mike
And yours truly :D
for giving back to the trails we ride!!
Great pre-TM ride too!

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I'm going to shoot for the tm. Don't worry I did the class/got the shirt. No riding at 7 too early for me.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Do you need pay back for tubes cut down in their prime?

:D

Next TM at Mercer is this Sat, 5/16/15

It's that time of the year to embattle the dreaded Mercer thorns. If we get a good crowd, we can get them on the run. I've read that they have already claimed a few victims this season.

We will be meeting at the Marina at 9 am. (Adjacent to the volley ball courts)
Please bring something to drink and your favorite bug spray
If you have not yet signed a Mercer or Jorba waiver at Mercer yet this
year you will need to do so.

Please RSVP so we can get an idea of the number of volunteers we will have.
See ya there!

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
I'll probably ride before TM as usual. Wheels down at 7 am. What better way is there to warm up for TM?
Let me know if you are interested in the ride as well so I make sure I'm punctual. ;)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
National Trails Day @ Mercer

Saturday June 6 @ 9:00 AM
Come celebrate National Trails day and give back to the trails you love to ride.
We moved our Monthly TM for June to celebrate National Trails Day on June 6th. We are meeting at the West picnic area at 9 am.
The plan is heavy trimming of the quickly encroaching thorns and brush. Think of it as payback for that flat tire you just received or the scratches all over your arms and legs. :D
If you can spare 3 or 4 hours, the trails could certainly use it.
Wear comfortable work clothes, Bring a drink. A sense of humor is also advised. Tools and gloves will be supplied.
For anyone interested, I'm planning on a pre-TM ride rolling at ~ 7 am so we can be back to the lot by 9.
Let me know here if you plan to join the ride as well as the TM so I know whom to expect.
Rain or unfavorable trail conditions will cancel so check back here if conditions are questionable.

See ya there!

-Mike

Last edited:

DigDug

I'm going to be out late tonight... so realistically speaking I won't be able to make the pre-TM ride. But count me in for Thorn Payback (aka Trail Maintenance) at 9:00 am.

Also, I was riding at Mercer yesterday and noticed that the whole volleyball/marina parking lot was closed for paving. Is there an alternate meeting place if it's still closed as of tomorrow morning?

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
I'm going to be out late tonight... so realistically speaking I won't be able to make the pre-TM ride. But count me in for Thorn Payback (aka Trail Maintenance) at 9:00 am.

Also, I was riding at Mercer yesterday and noticed that the whole volleyball/marina parking lot was closed for paving. Is there an alternate meeting place if it's still closed as of tomorrow morning?
Thanks for the heads up. I just did a drive-by and it is still partially blocked so we are changing the meeting spot to the West picnic area.
See ya there Dug. :)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Awesome TM crew this morning . We did some
real damage to the dreaded mercer thorns! 13 volunteers broke into 2 groups, one group working
on the holy grail trail and the alternate blue trail north of the lake
and the second group leaving the west picnic area clearing most of the trails to the
west including the Van Nest Tract

@Rusty
@Big Al
@DigDug
@TeamMuddySprocket
Alyssa Sikorski
Marcie Sikorski
@michael.su
@TAS
@Mick714
Freddy Uson
Ming Zheng
Igor Ziedonis
Al Zymatik

Much Kudos and good karma to you all!

Last edited:

Big Al

Mercer County Park trail maintenance tomorrow at 9:00 at the East Picnic area located off of Edinburg Road. We will be clearing nicks and trimming thorns on the Blue trail. On the red trail, we need to re-position a bridge that the boy scouts built and did not anchor.

Please bring signed waivers if you haven't yet done them for 2016.
Also, something to drink and a snack would be a good idea. We will supply gloves and tools.

7:00am pre-TM ride/recon.

Give back to the trail and get some revenge on the infamous Mercer thorns. Get some!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions