MCP Trail Maintenance

The next TM session at Mercer County Park is Saturday 9/21. We are meeting at the marina near the volleyball courts at 9 am.

I'm not sure what the work plan is yet but there is plenty to do. (I'll update when I get more details)

Wear comfortable work clothes, Bring a drink. A sense of humor is also advised.

Tools and gloves will be supplied by JORBA

Come on out and give back to your trails, Score some karma points and have some fun too!

For anyone interested, I'm planning on a pre-TM ride rolling at ~ 7 am so we can be back to the lot by 9.

Let me know in the comments if you plan to join the ride as well as the TM so I know whom to expect.

See ya there!

-Mike

Bump for good Karma :)

Yo Mike... I'll be there. Lots of little jobs all over.:hmmm: At least no major thorn trimming this time!:D

TAS

Since the Oct TM was sketchy and most likely cancelled I took it upon myself this past Sat to address :getsome: a few "items" with my Mega-Saw. The tree accross RED between the tennis center and timing stand was remediated and the original trail line is now clear - open. Still needs some additional follow up work there with a chain saw. In Van Nest I sectioned and moved the large pine log that had fallen near Hughs drive. Plus a bunch of dead overhead branches that were destined to come down. The cut back work we did there in Aug looks great!

TAS

May 2014 TM

The next TM session at Mercer County Park is Saturday 5/17. The Mercer JORBA chapter will be meeting at the marina lot near the volleyball courts at 9 am.

Consider coming out to give back to our trails and MTB community. :)

Wear comfortable work clothes, Bring a drink and snack. A sense of humor is also advised. :D

Tools and gloves will be supplied.

For anyone interested, I'm planning on a pre-TM ride rolling at ~ 7 am so we can be back to the lot by 9.

Let me know if you plan to join the ride and/or TM so we know whom to expect and how much tooling to bring.

Rain or unfavorable trail conditions will cancel the ride and maybe the TM so check back here if conditions are questionable.

See ya there!

-Mike

June 14' TM

The June trail maintenance At Mercer county park is scheduled for Saturday, 6/21.
We have a number of items on our list to address so we will plan accordingly once we have an idea of the size of the crew.

We will meet as usual, at the Marina @ 9:00 am.
Tools, gloves and good Karma will be supplied. :)
Be sure to dress appropriately for trail work and bring water and a snack.

Please RSVP so we know how much tooling to have on hand.

-Mike

July 26th TM

The next TM session at Mercer County Park is Saturday 7/26. We are meeting at the marina near the volleyball courts at 9 am.

The storms of late have knocked down several trees and a multitude of branches .
This along with not having gotten to trim the Blue trail yet this year leaves us with
plenty to do this Saturday. We would appreciate an all hands on deck attendance.
I know it's July, but if you are not away on vacation and can spare 3 or 4 hours, the trails could certainly use it.

As always... Wear comfortable work clothes, Bring a drink. A sense of humor is also advised. :D

Tools and gloves will be supplied.

Please let me know if you are coming so we can make sure to bring enough tools for everyone.

See ya there!

Great pre-ride and trail maintenance today Gentleman. It was a pleasure meeting, riding and working with you today. Looking forward to the next one.

Mercer is getting in good shape for the second half of summer. Big TM crew, were able to split up and hit two areas.. Red and blue got some much needed trimming, the chainsaws will have to come out soon

Big TM thanks to the following people for spending their Saturday morning giving back to Mercer and the community.

Michael Tormey
Ming Zheng
Michelle Zheng
Tom Swords
Steve Kopene
George Nickels
Michael Sullivan
Alistair McLennan
Chris Yu
Mei Li Cully
Al Dubovick
Genevieve
Michael Williams

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
It was a nice group . Glad to help out the Jorba crew and give a little love back to those beautiful trails .

Mercer October TM

Our next scheduled trail maintenance session at Mercer County Park is this Saturday, 10/18.
We don't have a long day planned but we are in need of some muscle. Our plan is to relocate some utility poles to a staging location. These will be used at a later TM to replace an aging bridge near Conover road.
Please come out if you can spare a few hours, It will be very much appreciated.

As always, we will be meeting at the marina at 9 am. Bring a drink, snack and your favorite work gloves. (we will have gloves on hand as well)

Please let me know if you can attend so we can plan accordingly,

It's not too early to start banking those Pay Dirt points for the 2015 race season. ;)

(BTW, I could also be persuaded to ride before TM if the weather and trail conditions cooperate)

Thanks!

The first official TM of 15' is scheduled for Saturday April 25th. At last, it's again time to play in the dirt! :)
Plenty of karma and pay dirt points to go around.
We will likely be clearing nicks and assessing the tread condition as we're approaching full riding season.

We will meet in the marina lot at 9 am (by the volley ball courts)
Dress appropriately, bring a drink and a snack. As always, a fair amount of humor is also suggested :D
I look forward to seeing some of you out there.

The first official TM of 15' is scheduled for Saturday April 25th. At last, it's again time to play in the dirt! :)
Plenty of karma and pay dirt points to go around.
We will likely be clearing nicks and assessing the tread condition as we're approaching full riding season.

We will meet in the marina lot at 9 am (by the volley ball courts)
Dress appropriately, bring a drink and a snack. As always, a fair amount of humor is also suggested :D
I look forward to seeing some of you out there.

Bumpety bump!

I'd like to come out and help (which only seems appropriate since I did the last Allaire TM, yet I ride more often at Mercer). Do you know about how late it will go?

We'd love to have ya. We typically work until around noon. Stay as long as you'd like, It'll be fun. :D
Also if you are an early bird, I usually do an easy pace ride before TM probably starting around 7 so we can be back to the lot at 9.
Let me know if you are interested in riding and I'll be there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions