Mayhem Recap

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you race? If so, how was it?

I'll do a proper writeup later but I will say that course is brutal. Zero time to recover. And much longer that I expected. 2:10 for 4 laps with HR a at or close to redline the entire time. When my Garmin flashed the suggested recovery time, it just told me to quit racing.

I'm looking forward to climbing and some rocks.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I did not race but did a bunch of laps while my son did. Course was a lot more fun than I thought it would be being in Pine Tree Land and all. I mean, it was actually fun, not just fun for South Jersey.

My only gripe is that we missed the start because there were no signs letting us know where it was and no one around seemed to know where it was either. There were 200 restroom signs though so that's a plus.

terrabike01

Did you race? If so, how was it?

I'll do a proper writeup later but I will say that course is brutal. Zero time to recover. And much longer that I expected. 2:10 for 4 laps with HR a at or close to redline the entire time. When my Garmin flashed the suggested recovery time, it just told me to quit racing.

I'm looking forward to climbing and some rocks.

You and me both. Climbing and rocks are good!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, it felt good to get back to mtb racing. Definetly a pwr course, on the gas the whole time and always someone to battle with. I know this course gets a bad rap for being too roadie but I gotta say for my first time racing it, it's a good kick in the ass for the start of the season. Thanks for the promoter hosting and getting the race off despite the recent rains. I'll post up a detailed race blog on my thread. Good seeing everyone out there after the winter, if anything else we gotz each other.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was awesome. I wouldn't enjoy riding there casually but really enjoyed racing there.

I think mentally it was a kick in the ass as I haven't been on the mountain bike. After a lap I remembered how to ride one. Glad I didn't change my gearing (SS) or tires before the race, what I had was perfect.

I did find the hard tail to be surprisingly bumpy of a ride, however my pressure was on the higher side.

The signage was garbage. People lost before entering the park.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Most of everything was covered above. Overall, great to be back out there. No time for rest.

Anyone have a photo of Cat 2 19+ results?

DoubleD25

Most of everything was covered above. Overall, great to be back out there. No time for rest.

Anyone have a photo of Cat 2 19+ results?
17C28028-7902-4BFD-816A-48AB45840871.jpeg

choop

I made the leap into the 1/2 race and it was like diving into an empty pool. First 2.75 laps were fun when I had legs trying to pretend I belonged. The wind took advantage of me and my brain when I started to fade. I don’t think my hub sang for more than a second at a time. Overall good course. Stoked to see really big junior fields.

trener1

Course was fun, a nice mix of twisty single track with enough fire road to make some passes, also a surprising mix of both dry sand and deep wheel sucking mud.
For some reason my GPS took me to the wrong side of the park so that was an adventure, and like others said, no one really seemed to have any idea where the start line was, luckily we all managed to find it, on the plus side, real bathrooms wohoo. good times. My first time doing it and I hope to be back next year....

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
One of the photos shows @scotth on his single speed wearing shorts and a tee shirt while everyone else is layered up. I’m afraid to ask what he wears in the summer :)

xc62701

It was a fun race. That place is more fun than I remember. Not as much fun as the rocky techy courses, but fun for an early season opener. I enjoyed it but I would have been really happy with 2 laps. Kudos for a fun race and actually riding on dirt!

Top Bottom