Mayhem Recap

Mountain Bike Mike

The new singletrack sections were really fun... the mud pits sucked ass.

My race went like this... solid start, second in to the singletrack.... the leader, myself and Jaime making quick work of the Cat 2 traffic and it was a little dicey when the leader would sneak by a group and we had to make up the lost ground. At the first long fireroad, I spun out the SS gear and realized I was outgunned as the leader pulled away and Jaime came around and gapped me and they both snuck into the next singletrack section before a large group of fatbikers. I made quick work of that pack and bridged back to Jamie. After a log over, my bars rolled and came loose... I rode that out until just before the steps and had to stop and tighten them. I lost the leaders at that point spending over a minute or so fixing my bars. That was the difference from my time and the leaders time. Womp womp..

I ran in third solo the rest of the race and used all the other classed riders as carrots to keep me pushing.

Sucks... I felt I had the engine to hang with those guys... Didn’t have the gearing though...

I had a blast racing the singlespeed, it was so quick, nimble and fun at race pace.

I saw a ton of familiar faces and am happy we were able to bring some of our NICA team kids to support Chris and the H2H race scene.

See you at short track... hopefully with some gears and suspension.

Dajerseyrat

I dropped the ball and never made the race. Got out of work after 2 am the night before then had virtually no sleep..Didn't want my first experience to be miserable..

moose35

9am races
some starts:
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 013.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 033.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 054.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 073.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 083.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 096.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 123.jpg
h2h-1-2019 mayhem 133.jpg

szymon

A good description would be lots of fun, good flow but that was so painful. In the end bad luck going into the last lap and watched the lead group ride away, finally had to settle for 5th. Too bad its a couple weeks until the next race.

Top Bottom