Mavic Tubeless Help

scotth

I have a set of Tubeless Kysrium
wheels I use for cross. For whatever reason I put on road bike, got a flat, valve is lost forever. I put a set of replacement valves on, and both lost air overnight. I put the one remaining original valve back on (ones with rectangular base) and it holds air fine. I refilled the one with standard replacement valve and it lost air overnight,
Can you only use the valves with that rectangular base on mavic wheels? The replacement are from WTB and have a round base. Thanks.
Scott

qclabrat

I have a set of Tubeless Kysrium
wheels I use for cross. For whatever reason I put on road bike, got a flat, valve is lost forever. I put a set of replacement valves on, and both lost air overnight. I put the one remaining original valve back on (ones with rectangular base) and it holds air fine. I refilled the one with standard replacement valve and it lost air overnight,
Can you only use the valves with that rectangular base on mavic wheels? The replacement are from WTB and have a round base. Thanks.
Scott
Had the same problems, the round ones didn't work for narrow rims with the channels in the middle, can't remember which brand they were tho

scotth

Thanks Dave....Looked in a bunch of places for mavic and I think they’d be too short. I tried some off an older crossmax but the valve wasn’t tall enough to get through the ksyrium.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pretty sure I have regular Stan’s valves on my Ksyrium wheelset. No problems in 6+ years on two different sets of wheels.

Top Bottom