Marty's Fat 50 January 14th 2017

Are they well marked? Thanks
Minimal markings so you should rely on GPS for exact route. Pretty easy to follow even if you just look at the course above. I've found over the past 4 years the last 3 miles back to Marty's is the hardest to remember so that will be well marked.

Should be a great event!

Great event! Hope everyone had a great time. Every single person that started checked in at the finish so we didnt have to start a search party. At 3;45 we were missing one but made it in!!!!

Awesome! That pizza was F-ing amazing! I had a great time, thanks much!

Had a great time at my first 50!

Damn that climb on the way back was a killer! My wimpy legs with 34/36 were dying!

Got a quick pic of our group +1.5 before heading home. Great seeing everyone (even if I didn't know who your mtbnj personality is)

Fat50.jpg

Had a great time at my first 50!

Damn that climb on the way back was a killer! My wimpy legs with 34/36 were dying!

Got a quick pic of our group +1.5 before heading home. Great seeing everyone (even if I didn't know who your mtbnj personality is)

View attachment 46269
Yea, good seeing you too. Fora wide open ride it sure is fun. Who doesn't want to sit around a fir pit and drink beer with delicous pizza after such a cool ride?

Upped last year's time. 3:26.26. Was great pacelining with fat bikes. We held a steady 18-22 on the way out. Ended up finishing just behind @xc62701 AGAIN!
Yea nice work @David Taylor. We had a great group going but that uphill slog out of high bridge and the single track is a killer. I cramped solid on the climb but ignored it and pushed on. Rode the whole West Morris solo trying to catch the group in front but couldn't make contact. The legs haven't seen an effort that hard in a while!!!

Yea nice work @David Taylor. We had a great group going but that uphill slog out of high bridge and the single track is a killer. I cramped solid on the climb but ignored it and pushed on. Rode the whole West Morris solo trying to catch the group in front but couldn't make contact. The legs haven't seen an effort that hard in a while!!!
Yea, i backed off on the way back once we hit single track then hammered again. Pushed hard and cramped entering the last dirt section. Pushed through and kept truckin...passed one more guy and thought i saw u or dominique in the distance. Good ride!

Yea, i backed off on the way back once we hit single track then hammered again.

I was limping back after the singletrack hoping not to get caught. At one point I had my quad, hamstring, and gracilis in my left leg totally locked up with the gracilis on my right leg cramping too. I actually started hitting my legs to hopefully have the cramps release so I could keep moving forward. I felt like I had anchors for legs at that point. It's fun to get an early season hard effort in to see what the legs have. I know I've got a lot of work to do.

Really happy to hear about you guys cramping up. I don't do long rides and didn't start to cramp up until I stopped to wait for my buddy after the singletrack section on the way back. Was able to get the legs going again to finish up the ride.... so it's good to hear that you all are human too, and it's not just because I suck (well 'not totally because' is probably a more accurate statement)

Great time and a a blast for first event like this. 5:06 total. Was at 2:14 at the turn around but the return single track kicked my ass with cramps, then the snowfall which seemed to suck the life out of you. The biggest headache was that long climb. Good time all around and can't wait until next year. Just need to work on numb toes

Back
Top Bottom