Marty's Fat 50 January 14th 2017

Where is this race? I'm so tempted to pick up a Fat Bike from Walmart for the occasional snowy ride since I've never tried one but always make fun of them.

This race might just be the final push to buy a $250 fatbike and race it for shits 'n giggles! :)

Where is this race? I'm so tempted to pick up a Fat Bike from Walmart for the occasional snowy ride since I've never tried one but always make fun of them.

This race might just be the final push to buy a $250 fatbike and race it for shits 'n giggles! :)
It starts at martys cycles in succasunna and heads west to high bridge and back. 90% is columbia trail/patriots path which is all gravel trail. The other 10% is road and singletrack. This was my first endurance race and I did it in 3:45 or so....top guys were 3:00-3:15

It starts at martys cycles in succasunna and heads west to high bridge and back. 90% is columbia trail/patriots path which is all gravel trail. The other 10% is road and singletrack. This was my first endurance race and I did it in 3:45 or so....top guys were 3:00-3:15

Oh that's not bad, Sucasunna is only an hour south of me. Definitely tempted to do this if I end up buying the Walmart FatBike.

Pictures from last year made me sad I didn't participate..... And "ample bathrooms" at the start seals the deal... guess I'll register!

Don't see them listed?
Just finished up but here you go. Check link above for up to date info

Marty's Fat Fifty 2016/2017 Training Rides Schedule
All rides Start from Marty's Randolph 9 a.m. sharp
Ride time will be 3-4 hours depending on conditions and rider ability
We may split in to smaller groups along route if necessary
Fat and Plus bikes only except for Thanksgiving Day where any wheel size MTB is welcome, come check out what all the FAT BIKE hype is about. (demo Fat and Plus bikes available at Marty's)
Routes may vary depending on weather conditions
Thursday Nov 24 Thanksgiving Day Ride (Randolph to Highland Park Chester, West Morris Greenway and Patriots Path)
Sunday Nov 27 (Randolph to High Bridge, West Morris Greenway and Columbia Trail)
Sunday Dec 18 (Randolph to Lewis Morris Park, West Morris Greenway and Patriots Path)
Sunday Dec 25 Christmas Day No Ride
Sunday Jan 1 New Year's Day Ride (Surprise Route TBA)
Sunday Jan 8 (Randolph to High Bridge, West Morris Greenway and Columbia Trail)
Saturday Jan 14 Marty's Fat Fifty

A few pics to get the hype started
12407448_952387551516710_73020465_n.jpg
12534625_191941121160230_2003116020_n (1).jpg
IMAG0217 (1).jpg

Eat some food on this journey and don't underestimate the single track...that small section is tough.
It's a lot harder in the return direction, so save some for that effort. But I've only ridden it in the fall on a 29er, not in the winter on a fat bike.

Back
Top Bottom