Mario Cuomo bridge (formerly Tappan Zee) Petition

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I’m considering a little adventure (what @jimvreeland would technically call a little warm up session) on my road bike (SS el mariachi) and planned trespassing into NY State on the TZ but maps shows the path as pedestrian only and advises you will have to walk your bike for 3.2 miles. Is that accurate? I thought it was open to bikes.
View attachment 153599

dated july 20, 2020

goodvibe

I’m considering a little adventure (what @jimvreeland would technically call a little warm up session) on my road bike (SS el mariachi) and planned trespassing into NY State on the TZ but maps shows the path as pedestrian only and advises you will have to walk your bike for 3.2 miles. Is that accurate? I thought it was open to bikes.
View attachment 153599
Totally open to bikes. There is a bike lane that the walkers walk on and you need to yell on your right a lot, but you can 100% ride on the Tappan Zee. Though, if you are using your road bike, you may not want to ride on the old croton trail and go a little further east to the NOrth County Trailway. It is paved though the closer you get to NYC, it gets a little rooty.

serviceguy

Totally open to bikes. There is a bike lane that the walkers walk on and you need to yell on your right a lot, but you can 100% ride on the Tappan Zee. Though, if you are using your road bike, you may not want to ride on the old croton trail and go a little further east to the NOrth County Trailway. It is paved though the closer you get to NYC, it gets a little rooty.
Thanks for the piece of advice, I think my road bike can deal with rooty...
2014EMSS3.jpg

Top Bottom