March mayhem status?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone snap a pic of the Cat 3 40-49 results? Would like to see what the final outcome was.

Po123

I was also in the front group of cat 3 (40-49) when we made the wrong turn but like Madison Dan said we turned and back tracked to get back on course, judging what a few (19-39) group racers named their rides on strava I would say the course cutting was in their group.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was also in the front group of cat 3 (40-49) when we made the wrong turn but like Madison Dan said we turned and back tracked to get back on course, judging what a few (19-39) group racers named their rides on strava I would say the course cutting was in their group.

Great job out there.
I couldn't keep that pace.
Didn't look at any flyby's on Strava to see other ride names.

So what happened with the results???

WumpusXT

I was one of the riders involved in the dispute with the CAT3 19-39 results. A group of 8 or 9 riders (myself included) took a right instead of a left where a part of the course marking had been compromised. We got so far off course we ended up on what I'm guessing is one of the camp roads (this was the first time I had ever ridden there). 3 of us split off from the group to try to find the trail and we did but apparently we had come back on to the trail way ahead of everyone else.

This is the first time I had ever raced and I don't plan on racing anymore.

WumpusXT

A little bit of both. I thought I was going out there to have fun and try to push myself. I didn't know I was going to end up at the center of controversy because of a course marking issue.

Racing isn't for me. Hockey is my competitive sport. I'm just going to keep mountain biking fun.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Remember, each race is done by a different group, and also sometimes crashes pull course tape down... Either way... keep riding!

vanseggern1

A little bit of both. I thought I was going out there to have fun and try to push myself. I didn't know I was going to end up at the center of controversy because of a course marking issue.

Racing isn't for me. Hockey is my competitive sport. I'm just going to keep mountain biking fun.

Sorry to hear that your first racing experience was not a positive one. I think what you experienced is more the exception than the norm, so I would encourage you not to write it off completely after just one race. I've raced on and off for about 8 years, but in the end I come back to it because it's fun for me and I enjoy it. That's not to say that all races will be great experiences for one reason or another. I also believe that most people are doing it for fun because at the end of the day, nobody in these races is able to pay the bills by doing them (even the really fast guys).

But to Dan's point, keep riding whether you put a number on your bike or not.

WumpusXT

Its all good. I'm a social rider anyway. I was really just doing this to try it out. I'm not a Strava rider (which I got blasted for for not using). I don't want to go to the next race and feel like I have a target on my back.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Then don't wear this jersey @WumpusXT ....
235-rapha-team-wiggins-2016-mid-weight-jersey-back.jpg

Problem solved.... :thumbsup:

DonnDenn

I was also with him and I was a little shocked at how another rider acted...I will continue to race but I will leave my competitiveness at home I'm doing it to meet and learn but I will be damn if someone will try to compromise my integrity and assume I cheated I was a little upset about the out come and it is what it is I'll be at the next series race if anyone would like to talk more about it

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Its all good. I'm a social rider anyway. I was really just doing this to try it out. I'm not a Strava rider (which I got blasted for for not using). I don't want to go to the next race and feel like I have a target on my back.
I'm not a Strava user either, but do have a Garmin. If you won the race would you feel differently?
Racing ain't for everyone but don't let one bad experience spoil your fun.
Cheers

Top Bottom