March is dump your fat bike month

qclabrat

after two years of marginal at best snow, look for insane deals on yesteryears fat bikes
Lightly ridden and only loved by few

Here's one I spotted today, unfortunately not a medium
00S0S_kEFuw6Ik73t_600x450.jpg

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/6016566691.html

I concur, also I'm so tired of servicing forks, shocks, brakes, etc
my fat is a POS but besides the occasional flat (still running tubes) it's been my go-to bike as my others always needs something fixed
I just add sealant. My fatty is a year old and my "fun bike" but has 1500 miles already.

This @David Taylor beginner guy did the ride in 5:30 last year on a stock fat bike. I geared up this year. Hoping for under 5. I think the avg speed with so much dirt can benefit the fatty.
come on son, just because you can ride it doesn't mean it's a great bike for it... that is some of the smoothest dirt/gravel i have ridden on a road bike with 25c tires. you are free to ride whatever bike you want at these events, but saying it's the perfect bike for this event is bonkers

if you were closer to 4:30 I would impressed (based on @kush from 2012)

This @David Taylor beginner guy did the ride in 5:30 last year on a stock fat bike. I geared up this year. Hoping for under 5. I think the avg speed with so much dirt can benefit the fatty.
There are two roads in HOH that a fatter tire will be an advantage, Stompf Tavern and the bottom of Hunter road, both of which I have ridden on 25 4000s's in the last week. The fat tires are at a disadvantage on the 65 miles of the course that are unpaved.

come on son, just because you can ride it doesn't mean it's a great bike for it... that is some of the smoothest dirt/gravel i have ridden on a road bike with 25c tires. you are free to ride whatever bike you want at these events, but saying it's the perfect bike for this event is bonkers

if you were closer to 4:30 I would impressed (based on @kush from 2012)
Well there was a bit of sarcasm bit all in all avg speed on a light weight fat bike is pretty good on HOH. That was my second ride ever over 60 miles and never that much climbing. I geared up this year and was gonna run the road bike but may fo that fatty again. I know the gaps I closed without trying on those dirt roads. Say what you want but people were ***** footing on thise dirt roads last year. Fatbikes are great on descents and the inconsistent sections. I will prob ride it again this year with a little push. I thought 5:30 was decent considering I was 30lbs+ and I was self sufficient so i carried 2 bottles and a camelbak which is a considerable amount of extra weight. As usual people will discredit the facts and say no. What was everyone's time for HOH last year? I remember being painfully slow on climbs but 45mph on decents.

Back
Top Bottom