Mahon AAT

Recently a large amount of AAT work has been put into some trail sections at Mahlon. Most of the work has to do with tread-width reduction. Specifically, many users are riding off the trail tread. My guess is to avoid rocks or straighten out a line. This is becoming quite a common occurrence in the area. In some spots an 18” tread is being blown out to 7-8 feet. The climbing lines are getting it the worst. Small bush is being trampled and in some cases whole alternate lines are being created. While the cheater lines are smooth now, when the organic soil wears away it will most likely reveal more rocks prompting more off tread use.

The AAT work consists of renaturalization of off tread sections and improvement of original tread to make the line a little more desirable. Keep an eye out for more of the same this spring when the ground thaws.

Please spread the word and keep the single track “single” and even pitch in when you can.

Do you have any input on this Shaggz?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can think of one area on stone gate. Right before you get to the massive boulder if your riding the trail in the CW direction. There is a section of trail that is layed out with flat stones, but the track has shifted to the left side of the path.

The wall reroute could use some attention too in the lower area.

gtluke

The Moped
Rocky climbs always get it the worst as users use the sides of the trail where there is more dirt left.
See, I'm doing a service by walking up the hills ;)

Tommyklein

Thanks for the update on the trails Steve. Keep me posted as well on TM dates this spring. If I can make it I'd like to help on the trails I regularly ride. Where have all my bear friends been? Since the hunt I haven't seen one. Maybe they're hibernating, maybe some got taken out. Was pedaling out last night in complete darkness when a hunter popped out of the brush and scared the sh@# out of me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions