JORBA.ORG

Attachments

• mahlon_green_new_map_lo-res.jpg
    mahlon_green_new_map_lo-res.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,748
J

joanqs

Maps

Thanks for posting these maps. I live near Waywayanda and didn't realize this park was so close.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
soon as i get more practice drawing paths in google earth i'll upload a good map of the surrounding wmas and some of the trails you missed in mahlon.

SpartaBard

soon as i get more practice drawing paths in google earth i'll upload a good map of the surrounding wmas and some of the trails you missed in mahlon.

I have most of RR wma and WB wma. I have limited trails for SM wma. I have just not uploaded the data yet. I will do it in a bit.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm having trouble with both of those maps brad. only small segments of a couple of the trails are showing up.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nope, still doesn't work.

on a side note, could you try increasing opacity and decreasing line thickness?

The Kalmyk

I was checking out the link Sparta Brad posted and still have a couple of question that hopefully can be answered...

1) Where does Beaver Creek trail end??? Does it link to other riding areas aside from Rockaway Wildlife Management area???

2)Is the dotted trail in the Weldon Brook Wildlife Management area ok to ride???

3) I also don't see a fireroad that I saw today...Here is what I'm talking about...Cascade to Anrother Alley then make a left till you come to a four way intersection...WHAT IF YOU CONTINUE STRAIGHT AT THAT INTERSECTION??? CAN YOU LINK BACK AROUND TO THE PINE SWAMP TRAIL???

Thanks

Brian Sipler;):rofl:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I was checking out the link Sparta Brad posted and still have a couple of question that hopefully can be answered...

1) Where does Beaver Creek trail end??? Does it link to other riding areas aside from Rockaway Wildlife Management area???

2)Is the dotted trail in the Weldon Brook Wildlife Management area ok to ride???

3) I also don't see a fireroad that I saw today...Here is what I'm talking about...Cascade to Anrother Alley then make a left till you come to a four way intersection...WHAT IF YOU CONTINUE STRAIGHT AT THAT INTERSECTION??? CAN YOU LINK BACK AROUND TO THE PINE SWAMP TRAIL???

Thanks

Brian Sipler;):rofl:

1. I'm not sure, but I think it ultimately loops around to the snow bowl area east of the park. I've never ridden it. I've heard there are a couple tech climbs from hell out that way.

2. Yes, but depending on what turns you take, you can find yourself at a swamped out dead end. I enjoy riding the WMA, but you might find it less than thrilling, Spence. Most of it is fire road with a few loose rock climbs. There is a nice piece of single track from the radio tower area over to Saffin, though.

3. I'm not sure where you're talking about. There are a few options you can take coming out of Anrothar's alley that will put you in very different places. Do you have a gpx track of what you rode? I could probably figure it out from there.

bill-now

Doomed
Is this every trail and fire road up there?

Fantastic!

Actually, no:(. I screwed up and erased some trails; I'll put them back shortly.

Update: Map has been fixed.

These are all the trails that I found by combining tracks from motion based and other GPS tracks sources. I created the map by eyeballing the average path for each trail. In a way, everyone who posts their GPS tracks contributed to this map.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Neat. Thanks for the effort.

So you didn't ride them all then? Because I think 1 track you probably picked from a ride Sean did is actually his trailblazing in the winter. It's great to ride over the snow but much harder to follow other times of year.

Also your Beaver Brook towards the powerline crossing where it roudns the lake is a bit off. This was what we did yesterday:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19682851

If you overlay it on yours, you see the white on yours goes much further around the lake where as the trail we followed yesterday pretty much goes around the perimeter.

I was going to ask you how you got around that one beaver dam. But if you didn't actually ride that section I guess I'll have to explore on my own :)

bill-now

Doomed
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/bill-now/norm1.jpg

The gray tracks are from other peoples tracks. I assumed that the gray tracks were the Beaver Brook trail. Your track is the dashed red line. I'll correct the map shortly.

I've ridden most all of the trails within Mahlon and some outside. I vaguely recall riding the beaver dam years ago; I doubt the tracks on the map is from one on my rides.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Page not found
But now that you're here, go ahead and search through the billions of photos, images and videos on Photobucket.

:hmmm::hmmm:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions