Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

Tommyklein

Pretty hard to believe we had a major snow storm last weekend. Trails were great today and dry. Get out and enjoy before the real snow comes.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got out here today: cascade, stone gate and all the usual suspects are free and clear. Awesome conditions. I didn't get into the WMA so I don't know what's doing over there.

Stocky

Got out here today: cascade, stone gate and all the usual suspects are free and clear. Awesome conditions. I didn't get into the WMA so I don't know what's doing over there.

WMA is dry with the exception of the usual spots and they are even drying out . The not frequently ridden ( single track ) trails are getting hard to follow with all the leaves down . Good thing I can do it with my eyes closed ;)

Stocky

We saw one down on Thursday....it was no match for Tyler he killed it Gnar-gnar style

There's a small one down just as you head into the WMA of the rail bed that has a go around/go over .
There's a second one ,after you cross the power lines , it's literally right after a small one that has been down for ages with a little rock/roll before and after . This one is 2ft around and 2 ft off the ground . It needs to be cut up , totally ruins your flow in that section .
Last one is new from the storm , it's a bit after the crazy rock face that I love going down . There's the beginnings of a go around , but not sure it's passable head on . I didn't take that close of a look .

Stocky

The last one you mentioned might be the one he cleaned. It's across a fire road I think.

Def not the last one , that one is deep in the woods across some single track .
Could be the first one , it's across a very wide trail, sorta fire road like . It's probably 12" off the ground . The go around is actually over the very end of the tree .

Tommyklein

Small tree down for a while blocking part of stone gate. It's towards the bottom where it's all rock. There's a few roller options to get past it.

There's a small log down across the Highlands trail, by the bridge (after the hush...ghost trail) going up to the White Trail intersection. It fell conveniently by a small rock formation and makes a nice little fun obstacle, if you take the line over the pile of rocks. Oh, please, please, leave it be.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
There's a small log down across the Highlands trail, by the bridge (after the hush...ghost trail) going up to the White Trail intersection. It fell conveniently by a small rock formation and makes a nice little fun obstacle, if you take the line over the pile of rocks. Oh, please, please, leave it be.

Hopefully the park will leave it. Shaggz, myself, and the rest generally only move logs if they're unsafe or likely to cause folks "end-arounding" them going off trail. For the most part if it is a rideable thing that doesn't screw something up, we leave it. We're not the only folks who do things up there though...

kidzach

Is Mahlon doable for a post Thanksgiving ride? Not sure how much rain hit there the other day.

kidzach

np, you lay it down and I'll grout it with the mud off my tires.:getsome:See ya on the trails.

Conditions very good as usual, even after heavy rain. Rail trail wet, but singletrack superb.

Unfortunately my favorite part and nemesis of Blood Trail (Anrothar's) on the Pine Forest side has been reconfigured. There used to be a line of rocks piled creatively into a peak that ran through the first wet section that has been lowered into a less intimidating rock line. I still didn't clear it, I was too busy looking for the old line. That's the last section I need before I can say I cleaned Blood.

SpartaBard

I was on the cx bike today so I only hit the rail trail as part of my road loop. It was very wet, but the single track should be fine. Saw a big group of riders at Saffin getting ready to roll out. Beautiful day for a ride.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Trails are good to go.The usual wet spots/streams, but all is ridable.

Ditto, though Anrothar's alley is pretty soggy in some spots. Other than what kidzach says, it is very leafy but superfast. Cascade is rocking, Boyz!!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Not much change...

Still dry where it is usually dry. Muddy spots where they usually are. Rail bed is very wet, as is Anrothar's Alley, spots on the blood trail (you know the ones), the swamp, etc...

It was 25 degrees when I rolled this morning, but not much was frozen. But where it wasn't muddy, 'twas fast.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions