Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

Discussion in 'Mahlon Dickerson Reservation' started by Chris26er, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Chris26er

Chris26er Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's Team MTBNJ Halter's

Right on! I was getting sick of the go-rounds

njkayaker likes this.
  2. njkayaker

njkayaker Active Member

I started like 7:30 am. didn't see anyone else riding thoughI saw on Strava others did ride there yesterday. the fog was think in some area.

Kaleidopete likes this.
  3. smachski

smachski New Member

Conditions today: the area received some icy snow this week even though most of NJ didn't see any. The trails on the south side, Stone Gate, 4 birds, wall switchback, overlook were mostly clear and solid but there were a few frozen snow patches. On the north side of the park, Cascade, etc, the snow coverage was 100% on the trails.

icebiker and extremedave like this.
  4. icebiker

icebiker JORBA: Morris Trails JORBA.ORG

IMG_0014.JPG
    Thanks for the 411. I had to change my southern NJ ride plans last minute this morning due to a family matter and had to stay north. Your post was good timing. I found it exactly as you described. And for those of you looking for a place to ride tomorrow the snow will definitely stick around. Calling @Kaleidopete !

extremedave likes this.
  5. huffster

huffster Well-Known Member

Anybody been there lately that can share conditions?

6. smachski

smachski New Member

Mahlon was a 3 out of 4 today. Singletrack was close to 4 but a few trails like four birds, and ghost the rocks were still wet and thus slickery! :) they should be dried out by saturday.

7. huffster

huffster Well-Known Member

Thanks I went today to see for myself and agree with your rating

8. Eddie Z

Eddie Z Member

I went in on Friday. Generally conditions were good. Some soft spots, and a couple of mud puddles in the usual spots. Didn't need the fenders though. Recent windstorms have littered the trails with more than the usual amount of small branches and sticks, mostly ignorable...some kick-away-able. I cut out a few small trail obstructing tree falls. Anyway, let the games begin!

Chris26er likes this.