Mahlon closed this week?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On Saturday I believe there were signs posted that the park was closed this week, 12/4-12/8, today through Friday. I'm certain of the days it's closed, or why it's closed. Figured I'd just throw that out there for anyone who might want to ride during the week.

SpartaBard

Monday-Friday

Hunting time in my backyard, saw the trucks with NASCAR stickers parked on my street.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good question (before you edited it)!

My original post should read that I'm "not certain" of the days it's closed, or why.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No worries, be as sarcastic as you want?

I picked up a load of question marks at steep & cheap.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's closed on the 4th through the 8th and the 12th through the 15th. untill noon. well, a little after noon, as i found out today when i went to take lunch in the park at 12:30. it's for hunting. they bring in 'sharp shooter', which i recently found out just means mostly county cops/sherrifs and their cop buddies. which is fine by me. gotta control the deer population somehow or they'll destroy the forest. literally.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have no problem with the hunting. I wish they would wipe out the deer in our neghborhood, because they eat just about everything we plant.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
heheheh, i've yet to see one of these guys loading a deer into their truck(granted it's only been two days and i'm not really monitoring them), but a deer was hit on weldon rd within the boudary of the park today.

ok, amusing part over. the deer didn't die. it had a broken leg, so one of my coworkers called the locals(5-0) to come put it down. idiot cop, instead of putting one in it's head, shoots it in the chest, completely missing the heart. so he shoots it again, misses the heart again. repeat five times! sharp shooters? let's hope the county boys have better aim....

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I have no problem with the hunting. I wish they would wipe out the deer in our neghborhood, because they eat just about everything we plant.

The only problem with the hunting @ Mahlon is that I swear the deer know it and get out of the park. My yard has looked like a damn deer ranch the last few weeks...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
heheheh, i've yet to see one of these guys loading a deer into their truck(granted it's only been two days and i'm not really monitoring them), but a deer was hit on weldon rd within the boudary of the park today.

ok, amusing part over. the deer didn't die. it had a broken leg, so one of my coworkers called the locals(5-0) to come put it down. idiot cop, instead of putting one in it's head, shoots it in the chest, completely missing the heart. so he shoots it again, misses the heart again. repeat five times! sharp shooters? let's hope the county boys have better aim....

I know it is bad, but i couldn't help laughing about the idiot cop shooting the deer 5 times, very me, myself and Irene

ArmyOfNone

I have never had to put a deer down, but i would imagine that hollow point bullets would leave quite a mess if the bullet exits. However, i feel for the deer having 5 rounds popped into it. Put the thing out of its misery

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions