lots of displaced rocks on trails

jpn

My son and I did last years race loop on saturday night around 7pm. didn't see any other riders, but on a lot of the trails there were big rocks/small boulders right in middle of trails that looked as though they were purposely dislodged from the sides of the trails where they had been set in as a boundary. we moved some of them back, but not all of them.

other than that we had a great ride.

I have never seen a bear at LewMo:( Seen them at the other N jersey haunts...this is the 17 year itch for cicadas :p

There is currently a momma bear with at least one cub at Lewis Morris. I've seen them both a few times, always on the yellow trail heading back toward the lake.

I would have never thought it was bears, I was thinking it was people. cool.

I blame Utah Joe. He's trying to figure out any way to slow down the pro class when it's time to race there.

There are definitely bears at Lewis Morris...

6905937818_790f2039ab_z.jpg

This was last April over near the back parking lot.

There are definitely bears at Lewis Morris...

there are two types of people. those who see that and think "awww, isnt that cute, let me get my camera" and those that crap their pants and back away slowly. I believe I am the latter.... :cool:

there are two types of people. those who see that and think "awww, isnt that cute, let me get my camera" and those that crap their pants and back away slowly. I believe I am the latter.... :cool:

Ha. It's a really heavy crop so nowhere near as close as it might look. Normally I get the heck out of there.

Was there today and saw the bear cross the lower yellow trail in front of me, stopped me my tracks. By the time i got my phone out, it was up the hill and gone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions