Lost Garmin Edge 305

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
If only you could time travel. Then you could go back in time, then forward with the GPS, upload the ride, see where it would get lost, back in time to go do the ride, then make sure you picked it up when it dropped off. You'd then have to turn it off for the sake of good karma.

Alternately, they could put a phone on the thing and you could just keep calling it while you looked for it. Of course the battery would be dead in no time.

Slow day, eh Norm?:D

My Garmin mount was trashed in a few months. It was hard to get the unit off the snap, yet the piece it was attached to was moving all around. I ditched it and mounted a cell phone case to the stem. Fits tight and protects from scratches, weather etc. If I'm just using it to record and not for the GPS function, it works just fine in the camelback... if you turn it on first.

Kush, do not give up hope. My son lost his cell on a family hike at Norvin Green SP Thanksgiving wknd. We 10 adults, 4 kids and 4 dogs could not find it. My dad(63) took him out the next day and found it just off the trail, 2 miles in with the tinyest section of the phone peeking out from the leaves.

Let me know if you want to borrow my dad.;)

kush

If only you could time travel. Then you could go back in time, then forward with the GPS, upload the ride, see where it would get lost, back in time to go do the ride, then make sure you picked it up when it dropped off. You'd then have to turn it off for the sake of good karma.

If only I could ride faster than the speed of light. Or at least faster.

If I do indeed go back in time, find the unit, and continue the ride, would then Motionbased show two parallel routes, or one route with two different endings?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I do indeed go back in time, find the unit, and continue the ride, would then Motionbased show two parallel routes, or one route with two different endings?

This gets sketchy. That's why I suggest you turn it off at the spot you would have lost it to keep some balance in order. What you can do is take a few pictures with you, like in Back to the Future. Maybe they have some special significance to you. Say a picture of your family, for instance. Take a step forward, then look at the picture. If things start to fade you may want to consider just throwing it back in the woods.

(Not strictly a slow day at work, just a down time while I wait for my highly motivated* coworkers to do some things they need to so I can keep going)

* not actually very motivated at all

BiknBen

I'm no tech wizard, but is there a way to contact garmin to find out where the last point of transmission was for the device? ...

...If somehow its possible, it sounds like quite a few people may benefit :D though Benz Ballz are probably not trackable.

:hmmm: Points of transmission of my nutz? :hmmm:

I could find out where all my Ex-Girlfriends are located. :rofl:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not real sure about two thin trees could that be where you got off line of the trail on the downhill how far from your tire repair or before my otb

kush

This gets sketchy. That's why I suggest you turn it off at the spot you would have lost it to keep some balance in order. What you can do is take a few pictures with you, like in Back to the Future. Maybe they have some special significance to you. Say a picture of your family, for instance. Take a step forward, then look at the picture. If things start to fade you may want to consider just throwing it back in the woods.

What do I do if I run into Lybians. Ok, that I could handle, but not my mom having the hots for me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions