Looking to replace crankset

Ejd85

With so many choices of cranksets out there, what do I look for and why do I look for certain things? I mainly ride at Allamuchy, and Stephens. My bike is a Trek Fuel Ex 5. im not looking for good quality and not to spend hundreds of dollars.

RickVaughn

Agreed that it's probably unnecessary unless your existing set isn't doing what you want it to. However, if you want to change chainrings, you can try the Race Face Turbine Cinch. Light alloy crank, comes in cool colors and the cinch direct mount makes swapping rings a breeze.

Oh and make sure your existing BB is compatible unless you wanna buy one of those too.

gtluke

The Moped
Use what you can have till you find a carbon SRAM crank on ebay for $100, that's what I do. It's not worth the upgrade unless you go carbon with a direct mount ring. There's really not much difference in cranks otherwise. I just prefer the way that carbon cranks ride. Takes some of the harshness out.

jdgang

I would start at what current BB do I have installed PF92, GXP or BB30. Then based on that either Shimano (PF92) or SRAM(GXP, BB30). Shimano SLX or XT.... SRAM S1400

Top Bottom