Looking for Summer Engineering Internship or Co-op

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
My daughter will be finishing her freshman year in Mechanical Engineering and she was just curious if anyone might know of an engineering internship or co-op job for the summer. Central Jersey preferred, but let us know with anything that might be interesting.

Thanks,

Tim

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Too late for this year, but keep this in mind for the following year, applications open in August for the following summer

nreip.asee.org

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Thanks. I figured it might be late, but she just decided to come home for the summer. Next year she will be doing an "official" co-op through school.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i know they take summer hires on the base (lakehurst) but im not sure how the whole thing works out, most of the time applications have to go through USAJOBS, its worth a look.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
i know they take summer hires on the base (lakehurst) but im not sure how the whole thing works out, most of the time applications have to go through USAJOBS, its worth a look.

See a few posts up ;)

It's SEAP.asee.org for high school and NREIP.asee.org for college interns, but the application period is August through October(?) for the following summer

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
didnt realize they had a different page for them, something must have changed since i was in school, also the schedule i could have sworn i applied about this time (didnt get the summer position but still)

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Yeah it's been those programs for a few years now. A bit of a pain with the schedule since most kids don't think about summer internships till it's too late. I just had some of my robotics students ask me in the past two weeks and had to remind them of the email I sent last August to the team when applications opened up.....

"But that's forever from now"...

I had ONE student who took advantage of both programs, got a full scholarship through the DoD SMART (yes that's an acronym) program, and will be working in my branch full time after he graduates this spring. Some really good opportunities out there for those that look

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah it's been those programs for a few years now. A bit of a pain with the schedule since most kids don't think about summer internships till it's too late. I just had some of my robotics students ask me in the past two weeks and had to remind them of the email I sent last August to the team when applications opened up.....

"But that's forever from now"...

I had ONE student who took advantage of both programs, got a full scholarship through the DoD SMART (yes that's an acronym) program, and will be working in my branch full time after he graduates this spring. Some really good opportunities out there for those that look

i did this in the mid-1980s - paid for the last two years of college. Came out with a job, and the gvt confirmed i worked for them for 2 years.
worked out great - even did some meaningful work.

jnos

Does she have 3D CAD skills and want to be a CAD monkey? I can check with our Chief Engineer to see if they need an intern (paid).

Top Bottom