looking for suggestions for a rack to hold a backpack pannier (also known as - help my sweaty back!)

pygmypony

hey folks, i'm looking to put a rack on my very old specialized rockhopper 26" commuter bike that i recently put a rear disc brake on. i want to be able to put a backpack pannier (something like this) on it for my commute so i don't get to the train station with a sweaty back!

i see topeak and blackburn have these options.

i think i like the blackburn option since it comes with an extra long skewer

also, since my frame's braze-ons near the seat post are completely stripped from a prior rack debacle many years ago, i would also be putting one of these type of rack-locks on in place of my current seat post clamp.

here's a picture of frankenbike's rear triangle on which i would be placing said rack...thanks in advance for any input!

IMG_5283.jpg

Mr.Moto

Karate Monkey

I have a center mount axiom uni-fit. Yours if you want it--catch is I'm out of the country until Friday after next (and probably won't be in a personable mood then). Depending on the bike, you don't even need to use the mounting plates, though they do have fender mounts on them.

Karate Monkey

Looks a bit more haggard, but yeah, that's it. I have an unmolested center stay somewhere; I wound up hammering/bending the original for what I assume was a compelling reason at the time (making it look pretty/work with a brake?).

pygmypony

Looks a bit more haggard, but yeah, that's it. I have an unmolested center stay somewhere; I wound up hammering/bending the original for what I assume was a compelling reason at the time (making it look pretty/work with a brake?).
cool - i'll gladly take it off your hands if it helps you clear out some workshop space! i'm in no rush and can wait until you are back in the country!

Top Bottom