Looking for SPD compatible shoe recommendations...

pygmypony

my warm weather shoes have finally blown out after about 20 years (not a typo!)...

i bought these Shimano MW7 Winter shoes from Nashbar and they fit great (size 48), are warm and stay really dry in the wettest of conditions. i would highly recommend...

that said, with this recent spate of warm weather, i'm looking for something that will get me through the warmer months...

anyone have any favorites out there? i'm looking for something that runs up to a 48, has some pretty decent tread for hike-a-bike stuff, and preferably comes up over the ankle...

saw these Shimano M200 on REI but the ratings are pretty low (only 3 reviews though)

thanks in advance for any input!

joe c

jdgang

I have seen alot written about the M200, mostly with delamination in fact I think shimano change the design. that being said i have the cheaper version of them M089 (only because they offer them in a wide) and have had no issues with them.

pygmypony

I have seen alot written about the M200, mostly with delamination in fact I think shimano change the design. that being said i have the cheaper version of them M089 (only because they offer them in a wide) and have had no issues with them.
thanks @jdgang

pygmypony

I actually wear they MW7s all year I don't find them hot. I like the ankle bone coverage.
talk about a money saver! i'm going to get out tomorrow, so it will be the first mid-50s ride i will have in them...so i haven't really given them a shot in the warm weather yet, but you might be on to something @Tarroneus ...thanks!

dmkalemba

my warm weather shoes have finally blown out after about 20 years (not a typo!)...

saw these Shimano M200 on REI but the ratings are pretty low (only 3 reviews though)

I too had my very old (Nike) shoes go on me a couple of months ago... I ordered a pair of M200's and found them too narrow (I do have wide feet). Also, was not overly impressed with the sole... I ended up getting these Mavic Crossride XL Elite Protect... Besides the long name and white color, I like them (and couldn't beat the price).. Very comfortable on my wide feet, high ankle and pretty grippy sole... Only a few rides on them so far, so can't speak to durability

pygmypony

I too had my very old (Nike) shoes go on me a couple of months ago... I ordered a pair of M200's and found them too narrow (I do have wide feet). Also, was not overly impressed with the sole... I ended up getting these Mavic Crossride XL Elite Protect... Besides the long name and white color, I like them (and couldn't beat the price).. Very comfortable on my wide feet, high ankle and pretty grippy sole... Only a few rides on them so far, so can't speak to durability
thanks @dmkalemba those white shoes remind me of this guy...

download.jpg

Top Bottom