Looking For GTI Advice

Here's my GTI advice: Every VW I ever owned had electrical problems. Like, ridiculous electrical problems.

I figured die Deutschen would have figured it out by now; I guess not. Spending too much time trying to cheat the emissions, I guess...

green is ground the world around, except for germany where it's brown.......

Reactions: w_b
Here's my GTI advice: Every VW I ever owned had electrical problems. Like, ridiculous electrical problems.

That's all part of the charm!! I drive around with an OBDeleven plugged in all the time. Whenever a light pops up it shows up on the App and you can see if it's something stupid or not. My car trips the EPC Mode pretty frequently because my fuel system can't keep up with the tune all the time and it thinks something is broken. I just reset it and it's good again. That's like $200 a pop at the Dealer.

Oh, hey, the GTI police. :rolleyes:

It's a 2019 GSW. 4 Motion and 3 pedals. Under $22k.

With a Burger JB4 it's at GTI-neighborhood power. I'll look to upgrade the rubber and add a Golf R rsb. And I'll not mind the extra utility it offers.

You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't add R emblems and vape on the way to school in that thing.

Yes, that’s the one. I don’t have tools here either or I’d help out. I went up to my parents place and did it there in about 30m. You can always go see @jimvreeland.

I’m in Mahwah. Let’s go vroom psshh!

hey - so I finally bought the hitch and have all the tools. Is there a trick to installing the thing by myself or should I be recruiting an extra pair of hands? Everything looks pretty easy except for holding both sides in place while initializing the nuts on the carriage bolts. I suppose I could find a way to hold it up with jack stands (if I had them) but wondering if theres a better way. Any ideas?

hey - so I finally bought the hitch and have all the tools. Is there a trick to installing the thing by myself or should I be recruiting an extra pair of hands? Everything looks pretty easy except for holding both sides in place while initializing the nuts on the carriage bolts. I suppose I could find a way to hold it up with jack stands (if I had them) but wondering if theres a better way. Any ideas?

use foot (or knee) on one side, hands on the other, then switch?

got to be doable, just go for it.

floor jack on one side, hands on the other. . . . . iv done hitch installs on pickup trucks alone before, the vws gotta be easier, especially if everything is pre-drilled.

I got those plastic ramps to back my car on when I put the hitch on my GTI. It took about 15 minutes. If your directions say you need the socket extension, make sure you have it.

Super easy. Just unbolt the exhaust hangars and drop exhaust down, bolt up hitch, re-bolt exhaust hangars. I liked not having to pry the rubber off the hangars. I used hand tools.

Back
Top Bottom