Looking For GTI Advice

The 7DSG is totally different. I didn't really like the 6DSG because of what EO said, Normal was lazy and Sport was overly aggressive. My friend has a GLI with an APR tuned 6DSG. The 7DSG feels like his GLI. Normal is fine and Sport is just right. I would say the actual shifts are a little softer than the 6DSG but I'm very happy with it.

Even without a tune, the DSG holds more power than the manual. Stage 2 GTI or Stage 1 Golf R power, apparently.

This thing is deceptively quick, even stock. It's gotta be underrated at 230hp.

@Magic FFS take 90 seconds and get the stickers off your hitch receiver.

View attachment 91388

The hitch for the 7 doesn't go over the exhaust?

The hitch for the 7 doesn't go over the exhaust?
The mounting wingy bits do so you still have to drop it, but maybe the muffler sits further back? It did look like yours sat a bit higher.

Last edited:
You fellas are making me nuts with these Rabbits.

I recently did the intake manifold fix on my 2014 Wolfsburg, it's paid for and I still really enjoy driving it. I need to stop looking at this thread...

You fellas are making me nuts with these Rabbits.

I recently did the intake manifold fix on my 2014 Wolfsburg, it's paid for and I still really enjoy driving it. I need to stop looking at this thread...

In the same boat to dump my 6 but at this point there's so much money tied into it doesn't make sense. We're on the 5 step plan to bring a Cayman into the household and my son will inherit the GTI, after an ECU reflash and some unmods.

The car has been hit a half dozen times during our ladies ride (enter stereotype comment here) so it's beat to shit. They actually banged up so many employee cars that DG bought a $600 Jeep just to drive to work.

Not yet. It's a weird purchase just for some noise. You do it and I'll install it.
And throttle response. It doesn't dump it all on release. It's probably similar to what I mentioned I had on my Genesis. That's the main reason I'd like to try it.

And throttle response. It doesn't dump it all on release. It's probably similar to what I mentioned I had on my Genesis. That's the main reason I'd like to try it.

I have the ECS upgrade that does that already, but it doesn't make any noise.

This is the EcoHitch. Bumper fascia notch is minimal. This is a pre-facelift car. 17+ have slight different rear fascia. The 1.25” version is even less obtrusive.

055286FB-FF0A-457A-BB5F-06E22E78A424.jpeg

@Magic u going to JB1/4

@Magic u going to JB1/4
I really wanted to avoid doing anything to it, but I’m sure that will go out the window at some point. Optimally I’ll wait until after warranty and go R turbo or so with supporting mods, tuned for reliable fun > max power.

Yes. I avoided them forever.

Also, yes. I mean I’m not going to push the very last psi out of it like eBay turbo Honda kids.

That's the least of your problems. You have maybe a dozen chances to use the sunroof before it shorts out and gets stuck 1/4 open. Mine randomly pops up in the back without me knowing it. The car has filled up with water twice. Now I check it every time I get out to make sure it's closed. It's possessed. They all are.

That's the least of your problems. You have maybe a dozen chances to use the sunroof before it shorts out and gets stuck 1/4 open. Mine randomly pops up in the back without me knowing it. The car has filled up with water twice. Now I check it every time I get out to make sure it's closed. It's possessed. They all are.
This is why you get the Rabbit which gives you all the best things, like no sunroof, cloth seats, led headlights.

Here's my GTI advice: Every VW I ever owned had electrical problems. Like, ridiculous electrical problems.

I figured die Deutschen would have figured it out by now; I guess not. Spending too much time trying to cheat the emissions, I guess...

Back
Top Bottom