looking for food truck catering/service

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
So i am working to put on an adventure race in a month and I would like to book a food truck to provide food after the race...can anyone recommend someone for this? we are looking to have fairly basic food, but want to have a vegetarian option at least.

thanks

gtluke

The Moped
Sandwiches and pizza.
At the last race at allamuchy they came and catered it but we have picked up coolers full of sandwiches for other races.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pizza and everything a pizza place has to offer. He would be more then willing, let me know and I can make the contact for you. IIRC Patty mentioned you will be coming through Stephen's not sure where your end festivities are but that would make it local.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
we are finishing in the RC airplane field at stephens, so local is good. I sent for a quote for the taco truck..so im in the "pricing out options" stage right now. but yeah sounds like enzo's is a good option. just let me know who to talk to, thanks!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You supplying cost of food? You could have it set up where he can vendor the food also, this option is less of a headache for you. Either way he do whatever.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
yeah we want it setup as catering. one of the downsides of adventure racing is that races are a bit more expensive...but one of the upsides is that you generally get some good food after the race

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know Matty will yell at me for saying anything but Enzo's, but the Green Radish is a good food truck option. Paging @Delish for details here. They did an event for us 2 years ago.

Vegan & Organic:
http://www.thegreenradish.com/

Green Radish catered Horseshoe Scramble CX a 2 years ago with rave reviews from vegetarians and carnivores alike. The guy who runs the truck is a guy who used to race for Herb's team back in the day--awesome chef and good guy. Not sure what sort of #'s you are expecting for the race but often the food truck people won't come to small events unless they are guaranteed to make a little money. Go figure.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm no yelly it's a free country. Enzo's is an option an close to the event.

I think Enzo's is a better option, but he is in that feeling out area. In the end I think GR will be too expensive to make it worth the while but who knows.

As for free, very little about this country is free. That $300 pile of dirt in the back yard supports that claim.

THATmanMANNY

Oink and moo bbq

Keep the food trucks suggestions coming. I am trying to plan a smashing party and trying to find truck for the right price. Oink and moo wad above my budget

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
one of the places around here tows in a wood fired pizza oven. someone other than nomad. will try to find it.

TonyC

one of the places around here tows in a wood fired pizza oven. someone other than nomad. will try to find it.

yea, the pizza was good, we went to that Food Truck MashUP at Meadowlands Race Track a few weeks ago. Lots of options, but that Empanada Guy had by far the longest line.

Top Bottom