Looking for a riding partner/group.

Cody Haug

Hello all, my Name is Cody and I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to go for a ride with someone today and this weekend, but usually end up going solo. I live in Tuckerton but I'm willing to travel, my usual ride is at Allaire or Sourland Mountain Preserve. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Cody

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome Cody!

those parks are the two ends of the MTB spectrum in NJ!
Keep an eye out on here for rides - and check-out meetup.com for other recurring group rides.

Cody Haug

Thank you for the welcome, I don't know why I didn't reach out on forums some time ago. Thinking of doing the Kresson Trails ride with a group tonight, but not sure of what to expect.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Thank you for the welcome, I don't know why I didn't reach out on forums some time ago. Thinking of doing the Kresson Trails ride with a group tonight, but not sure of what to expect.

Kresson is fun and the kind of place that you would really benefit from a local tour on your first few times there. Definitely hit up the group tonight.

@moray42 may weigh in on more local stuff to you.

Cody Haug

Kresson is fun and the kind of place that you would really benefit from a local tour on your first few times there. Definitely hit up the group tonight.

@moray42 may weigh in on more local stuff to you.

Awesome, I will head out there after class! I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Cody Haug

Can anyone fill me in on what to expect from a ride at Kresson? It's an hour and a half from my house, but I'm more than up for it for a good ride. Thank you in advance!

JDurk

As @KenS mentioned, definitely need to get a tour from a local. If you've made plans to meet the group, go for it. I live 10-15min from Kresson, and hardly ever ride there. Gets the job done for locals, but driving 1.5hrs, meh.

Last edited:

Cody Haug

JDurk I may stick with my usual run at Allaire State Park as it's half the distance from Kresson, although I was looking forward to riding with a group.

moray42

Merman
JDurk I may stick with my usual run at Allaire State Park as it's half the distance from Kresson, although I was looking forward to riding with a group.
Kresson is ok, but as you noted it's far. I've ridden there once. Locally you've got Port, Stockton, Wells Mills, and Wharton (fire road until the trails open again). For a quick ride I'm more inclined to do a few loops of the blue trail at Freedom Fields than the Forge.

I'll wander further on the weekends when there is more time. Allaire most frequently, but for the same drive time and less tolls you can reach Clayton or Estell Manor. Going into Fall/Winter is a good time to check out Belleplain also if you haven't been there before.

moray42

Merman
Also, I haven't joined any yet, but there are some regular groups being posted to the Atlantic County MTB group on Facebook as well as the Port Riders Group.

theranch

Hey @Cody Haug ! I'm up for giving a tour of the local trails in Port, Seaview and Stockton. You're not far from some decent riding south of you. Currently there is hunting in Port Trails. You can ride on Sundays without interrupting the hunters. Seaview has hunting M-Sat starting the last weekend of Oct through the end of Jan. Seaview isn't really marked, they haven't given us permission to mark yet.
Stockton has NO hunting but the trails are not marked. Some of the trails in Port still need marking.
If you have a fancy gps device, you can download some of my rides at any of these trails to follow along.
Let me know what works for you and I'll try to get you out there.

Top Bottom