Local carbon frame repair?

Tarroneus

Have a pretty decent ding in my rear seat stay, not sure when it happened. Not under warrantee. Anybody know of or used a local place to do repairs? It's not cracked, and probably rideable, I just want to keep it from getting worse. Thanks in advance. Am in Essex County.

Tarroneus

IMG_1053.JPG

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Have a pretty decent ding in my rear seat stay, not sure when it happened. Not under warrantee. Anybody know of or used a local place to do repairs? It's not cracked, and probably rideable, I just want to keep it from getting worse. Thanks in advance. Am in Essex County.
@pooriggy may need to get in on this for his CB7 wheel :eek:

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yeah, it's dinged up but I don't think it's cracked.
There are certain noises that are made when things break, like a bone, which makes that crack sound, or carbon, which makes that pop sound, like stored energy being released or a air being released from a vacuum.

That sound.
View attachment 74276
I saw that hole you hit! Holy shit! For the record I always ride over the nice drain pipe two feet to the right. That was like a 4’ gap to square edge!

Tarroneus

Understatement of the year. ;)

It looks way worse in the photo than it actually is, most of what you're seeing is just the paint and primer scraped off. But yeah. Really no idea when it happened, I don't make a habit of wrecking in rock gardens.

yanmar

It looks way worse in the photo than it actually is, most of what you're seeing is just the paint and primer scraped off. But yeah. Really no idea when it happened, I don't make a habit of wrecking in rock gardens.
As we use to say in the motorcycle off road scene ……… If you ain't crashing you ain't going fast enough …………………..

RSAmerica

I would call Santa Cruz and see if they can get you a deal on a new rear swing arm. Normal most of the bike comanies will help you out, they would rather fix it then have someone ride it until they’s a catastrophic failure that leads to a lawsuit.

Tarroneus

I would call Santa Cruz and see if they can get you a deal on a new rear swing arm. Normal most of the bike comanies will help you out, they would rather fix it then have someone ride it until they’s a catastrophic failure that leads to a lawsuit.

Did that as well, but doubtful they still produce this size. Also online a lot of folks saying the best offer they got was "we can sell you a new frame!"

Top Bottom