Local Beer in the News

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
A car crashed into the High Rail Brewing Co on Main St in High Bridge on Friday afternoon, June 24, 2022. Hunterdon County Technical Rescue Task Force responded to secure the building and remove the vehicle.Rich Maxwell | for NJ Advance Media

1656237630919.png

JDurk

pretty sure this was a thing a few years ago, until it wasn't. I guess now it is, again.
Guessing that some business owners with close ties to the restaurant lobby have been working hard again. My brother and a few friends own the local tavern in town that is directly across the street from the new Tonewood facility. They welcomed the brewery with open arms because hours are different, the brewery can't serve food and no TVs allowed for watching any programming. The tavern will make food and deliver to the brewery, and they always have at least 2 flavors from Tonewood on tap, and some in cans. Shameless plug for the unpretentious neighborhood watering hole and it's proximity to home.
1657304820584.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It is the opposite in florida - they won't let them sell stand alone beer without food,
and the food can't be combined with the brewing - so usually a "parked", oversized food truck/trailer.

Cassinonorth

Wtf! That's not true! They had more then 2 beers. ;*)
I happen to like them, but then again I also like @Kirt .

This was back when they didn't even have a brewery and all their stuff came from Rochester. It was the Pilsner and Winter Rental.

In the very high volume store I worked at, we'd sell a case every 2 months. Good for them, it's a great location for sure.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This was back when they didn't even have a brewery and all their stuff came from Rochester. It was the Pilsner and Winter Rental.

In the very high volume store I worked at, we'd sell a case every 2 months. Good for them, it's a great location for sure.
They have come a long way. New owner's took to another level. Trying to make it in a competitive market on beer alone is very tough. They have opened a restaurant and added a rooftop space that is amazing. Sunset views over Belmar along with now a venue for weddings and party's. Not just a brewery anymore.

Top Bottom