Little Bellas like program in North Jersey?

Bink

Is there a program like “Little Bellas” anywhere in North or Central Jersey? I’d love to get my daughter into riding off-road, but Camden Communriy college is an hour and a half from my house. Plus she definitely would respond well to the whole empowerment/ mentor aspect of the program.

Bink

She’s about to turn 7. She has only ridden on the street and grass. She would need very basic skill training. I don’t know much about NICA, but I thought that program was for middle school and up. The other program was for 7- 13 year olds, and seems to have a skills curriculum attached (at least from what I read on their website).

Bink

I wasn’t looking for something too competitive right now either. Just skills and fun. I thought NICA was an XC racing program.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wasn’t looking for something too competitive right now either. Just skills and fun. I thought NICA was an XC racing program.
There’s a NJ Junior MTB page on Facebook. They take the kids to Allaire a lot. It’s nothing official like Little Bella’s, just a bunch of rad kids and their parents.

NICA is a youth development program which also has a lot of racing. You’d be surprised how many kids either don’t race or aren’t focused on the racing aspect, but rather the social and fitness aspect. 6th grade and up.

Have you reached out to LB’s about other programs?

Bink

I did last year, I think the south Jersey program is the closest. It’s Sundays in August and beginning of September. Thanks for the info, Allair definitely has some beginner friendly terrain, and is closer than CC college. I’ll check out the FB page. I want her to have a positive experience on the bike. Riding with other kids will definitely be more fun than just riding with her old man (at least until she develops more skills).

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I have 3 girls (and a boy), my girls are turning 4, 6, and 8 this Spring. I started the FB page to get parents like us in contact so kids can ride together and hopefully stick with the sport beyond riding up and down the street.

My hope is that the FB group grows enough to where it doesn't seem centralized around Allaire. So spread the word to everyone and anyone with kids. Parents from all over the state should be getting connected for kids rides ?.

My little rippers:

20181226_205034.jpg
Screenshot_20181226-182214_Video Player.jpg

moose35

@Bink
Where are you located?
My daughter Zoe and I are always happy to ride with other kids. We are part of the New Jersey Junior Mountain Bikers along with a few others on this forum. We usually have group rides when the weather is a little nicer.
Most rides are at allaire but also looking to start some rides more up north this year.
Check the facebook page or nj_junior_mtbers on instagram for updates on rides.

Bink

@Bink
Where are you located?
My daughter Zoe and I are always happy to ride with other kids. We are part of the New Jersey Junior Mountain Bikers along with a few others on this forum. We usually have group rides when the weather is a little nicer.
Most rides are at allaire but also looking to start some rides more up north this year.
Check the facebook page or nj_junior_mtbers on instagram for updates on rides.

I live about a mile from Washington Valley Park. I haven’t ridden their with my daughter as it isn’t really beginner friendly, especially with her ridged 20” bike. I usually take her on the mostly paved greenway between Somerville and Duke Island Park when not around the neighborhood. I joined the FB group and might try a ride down at Allaire when it warms a little. I’ll probably take her to the D&R canal path, or the Rutgers eco preserve to get used to the dirt. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely try to get out to a family ride at some point.

Top Bottom