Lewis Morris Trail Building Oct 17th

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Trail Building continues at Lew Mo this month. We started on the new trail in June, got a lot of work done in Sept, and with a strong turnout this month we may be able to open the new 1/2 mile trail section. Hope those of you who ride Lew Mo frequently will chip in!
  • Note for High Schoolers: If you're looking to beef up your resume before applying to colleges, this is a great way to earn community service/volunteer hours.
  • Note for Racers: This work is eligible for PayDirt points.
Where and when to meet:

If you didn't join us on the prior dates or don't know your way around Lewis Morris park, then meet at the Sunrise Lake Boathouse by 8:00AM sharp on Sat, Oct 17th. Address is 270 Mendham Road, Morristown (about 3 miles west of Morristown center). Enter the main park road and keep making right turns until you get to the Sunrise Lake Boathouse.

After meeting at 8:00, we will drive (caravan) to the interior of the park, close to the work site, so that we can begin work at 8:30. We'll be done by 11:30. Steady rain cancels.

If you joined us on the prior dates, or you know your way around Lewis Morris park, enter Lewis Morris from the south entrance off Tempe Wicke road, and drive up the dirt road until the 2nd parking lot. This is the lot just before the Campground. Drive slowly out of respect for other trail/dirt road users. Don't park in the campground. Be at the parking lot at 8:20 sharp.

What to bring: Bring bug repellent if it's warm out and wear long sleeves/pants if necessary as we will be working in the woods off the current trail. No tools or gloves needed, these will be supplied, as will water and snacks.

Requirements: All new volunteers will be required to sign liability waivers. These will be provided at the trail date. Those who attended prior trail dates will not need to.

Please email me (or confirm by responding to this thread) if you can come so I have a count of how many to expect and where you'll be meeting us.

Hope to see you there!

Last month's crew (courtesy of Jumpa's mad selfie skillz):
20150919_085446_zpsd7fox6bp.jpg

Preview of the trail layout once we finish it (help us make it happen!!!)
New%20Trail_zpszu70xtts.jpg

Not gonna make the build unfortunately, got last minute babysitting to attend to. Will try to at least make it out to hang after.

Thanks to Bob, @Jason, Eric, Stephen, @skyrokz, and Jerry. Awesome work today! Berms and turns looking good. We did a trial ride and found some of the turns need a bit more benching. Will set up a last trail date in early Nov to finish it off an open 'er up!

Lukas, sorry I didn't make the ride afterwards. My back was a bit sore so I took an easy spin on Patriot's instead.

@jumpa, no worries. Hope you can make the last date in a few weeks.

Thanks to Bob, @Jason, Eric, Stephen, @skyrokz, and Jerry. Awesome work today! Berms and turns looking good. We did a trial ride and found some of the turns need a bit more benching. Will set up a last trail date in early Nov to finish it off an open 'er up!

Lukas, sorry I didn't make the ride afterwards. My back was a bit sore so I took an easy spin on Patriot's instead.

@jumpa, no worries. Hope you can make the last date in a few weeks.

We shall try again!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions