Lewis Morris Conditions

Those fire road sections get brutal once they ice over... Sad that I didn’t take advantage this morning. Lewmo has been unrideable (yet people have still been riding it) for like 2 months now. I wish winter would make up its mind.

I rode from about 11:30 to 12:20. It was a mix of garbage. Ice, snow, mud, and a little dry but soft. Was the least fun I ever had mountain biking but felt good since I hadn’t been on the bike since Oct.

Hiked Lewis morris today around 2:30. I was superised to see so many bikers out there. It looked a little sketchy, but the bikes seemed to handle the conditions fine. The trails were handling the traffic very well.

someone i know was there today from 12-2pm said it was 90% rideable but that could change quickly with some rain and snow coming this Friday

with the warmer weather recently, how's the park looking for a weekend ride?
Just saw that it snowed. That’s going to make it really sketchy, because you won’t be able to see the ice. I guess if the snow melts, it will be good for Saturday.

Solid 2" new snow in Motown. I think Lewis morris could be treacherous tom.
thanks, I have studded tires, but don't think anyone else does in my ride group
Beside rain is expected to start around midnight, oh well... when in doubt, Zwift

forecast here just shows more snow overnight. It should be great snow conditions tomorrow.

I find a good alternative to Lew Mo if you want to get a ride in locally is Patriots Path. It gets a decent amount of local foot traffic from nearby residents walking their dogs and that tends to pack things down after a few days.

Scouted a few of the entrances to Patriots from my road bike tonight...it looked pretty dicey.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions