Lewis Morris Conditions

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was there Sunday, and it was a bit soft in spots. Avoid Kurt Vonnegut. With all the wind the past day or two, bring a folding saw and expect a few blow downs.

johnnyrides

Was there Sunday, and it was a bit soft in spots. Avoid Kurt Vonnegut. With all the wind the past day or two, bring a folding saw and expect a few blow downs.

Will hit it on Sunday and don't know what area Kurt Vonnegut is but I guess I'll know after I ride it and say "I really should have avoided that area".

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sunday morning (11/4) was ok.... I only rode the NICA loop, and there were a few bad spots, one was really bad. Not sure how much rain is in the forecast, but a few dry windy days wood help a lot. Bumped into @stilluf and Joe? (I could be way off). They were headed in a different direction. @stilluf was nice enough to video me going over the log pile at the top of the switchbacks. Twice. Bad line the first time... :eek:

stilluf

Sunday morning (11/4) was ok.... I only rode the NICA loop, and there were a few bad spots, one was really bad. Not sure how much rain is in the forecast, but a few dry windy days wood help a lot. Bumped into @stilluf and Joe? (I could be way off). They were headed in a different direction. @stilluf was nice enough to video me going over the log pile at the top of the switchbacks. Twice. Bad line the first time... :eek:
Great to see you Dan! I will upload those videos (and FYI, I biffed the first try too.)

stilluf

Also, the trails to/from tempe wick rd parking lot were in bad shape. Definitely surprised by amount of mud and standing water. Rest of park was pretty rideable.

rxpxskier

Also, the trails to/from tempe wick rd parking lot were in bad shape. Definitely surprised by amount of mud and standing water. Rest of park was pretty rideable.
i road this morning before the rain started... i couldnt believe how many leaves were down!

rxpxskier

FYI

Attachments

• 8728543C-DD05-474B-9EC8-B9026E9E647C.jpeg
    8728543C-DD05-474B-9EC8-B9026E9E647C.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 212

adogg

Does anyone know what is the earliest one can ride in the park. I kind of remember there being a sign at the entrance saying park is open from either 8 or 9 am. There is also that small parking lot off rt. 24 next to Patriot's path and I don't recall any time listed there. Hoping the cold temps at night will freeze the ground and ould like to get an early morning ride in one of these days before ground has a chance to thaw.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know what is the earliest one can ride in the park. I kind of remember there being a sign at the entrance saying park is open from either 8 or 9 am. There is also that small parking lot off rt. 24 next to Patriot's path and I don't recall any time listed there. Hoping the cold temps at night will freeze the ground and ould like to get an early morning ride in one of these days before ground has a chance to thaw.
Ass crack of dawn.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thoughts on Lew Mo/PP conditions for a ride tomorrow? hoping to ride from my house (MLK, Morristown area)

roc

thoughts on Lew Mo/PP conditions for a ride tomorrow? hoping to ride from my house (MLK, Morristown area)
I guess it depends on your tolerance for water and mud. I’m sure it will be wet, but most of the snow will be gone. The section after Sussex was a lake a week ago, not sure if that’s drained yet, has anybody been over there lately?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess it depends on your tolerance for water and mud. I’m sure it will be wet, but most of the snow will be gone. The section after Sussex was a lake a week ago, not sure if that’s drained yet, has anybody been over there lately?
Yeah... I'm thinking maybe it's a zwift day

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I road a decent bit of patriots today and it was pretty wet...but then again it’s all flat. Lewmo will probably be fine after another day...aside from the usual spots that have held water all year. This reply is not useful at all. Good luck.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions