Lewis Morris Conditions

TPI_Elky

Should have read this thread before my morning ride. Didn't know the bridge was back. The one end by the red/orange was unblocked but the sign was still up.

Conditions were so-so. Good amount of standing water, only completely blocked the trail in a few spots. Plenty of soft spots, but easy enough to avoid.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
from a post on FB:

LewMo Update: The official/unofficial blue trail off the fire road on the Eastern side of the park will be partially closed for rerouting and repair to remove the muddy section.

Park staff are also looking at possibly replacing the other bridge on yellow deemed "The Bog Bridge" (who wants to make the Strava segment?).

We are also looking for a few volunteers to help plan future trail reroutes.

qclabrat

from a post on FB:

LewMo Update: The official/unofficial blue trail off the fire road on the Eastern side of the park will be partially closed for rerouting and repair to remove the muddy section.

Park staff are also looking at possibly replacing the other bridge on yellow deemed "The Bog Bridge" (who wants to make the Strava segment?).

where's their FB acct? I can only find the unofficial ones

stilluf

from a post on FB:

LewMo Update:

If only there was an organized group of volunteers in New Jersey with experience who regularly did trail maintenance.....;)

Krisc

If only there was an organized group of volunteers in New Jersey with experience who regularly did trail maintenance.....;)

Just to clarify, I have been working with Tom Hennigan of JORBA as the trail steward for the park and Denise Chaplick of the Morris County Parks Commission.

If there are any other groups you think I should be a member of or stay in contact with, please let me know.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just to clarify, I have been working with Tom Hennigan of JORBA as the trail steward for the park and Denise Chaplick of the Morris County Parks Commission.

If there are any other groups you think I should be a member of or stay in contact with, please let me know.
Thanks for clearing that up John...... And for taking initiative to help lead the effort.

Welcome aboard, by the way also..... about time.. :rolleyes:

Mtbdog

How did Lew Mo make out with the rain today? Planning to ride it tomorrow afternoon. Any observations appreciated. Thanks.

Mtbdog

Does anyone know the route of the race for this year's Challenge? Any similarities to last year's course? Thanks for any information.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back. Rode Patriots path from MLK and short loop in Lew Mo.

Overall mostly fine. Some wet puddles in a few low spots on trails like yellow switchback and warp speed. Giant pile of poop on red switchback. I cut out the longer, outer loop that goes thru Tempe wick lot area tho.

rxpxskier

Just got back. Rode Patriots path from MLK and short loop in Lew Mo.

Overall mostly fine. Some wet puddles in a few low spots on trails like yellow switchback and warp speed. Giant pile of poop on red switchback. I cut out the longer, outer loop that goes thru Tempe wick lot area tho.

that WAS a massive pile of poop! hope that wasn't your tire track in the middle of it. Muddy in the normal spots, new bridge still "closed"

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions