Lewis Morris Conditions

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was good on Saturday (4/14), except that trails at the south end were closed due to a controlled burn.
Sunday ride after the burn was epic..... felt like some sort of post apocalyptic world. There were a bunch of trees still smoldering and the high winds flared up some flames in a few spots. It was like riding through Mordor in some places.
lewmo burn.jpg

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
I was there yesterday it was good for the most part. They had a fire recently (controlled burn?) and there was some soft mud/puddles at a few of the low spots in the area. The rest of the park was nice and dry.

Blue

LewMo was primo today. Mud only in a one or two spots, otherwise perfect dirt. A couple new downed trees though, including one big one on the last section of Yellow coming towards the lake

johnnyrides

I hit LewMo and it was nice. Just muddy in one area that I can recall. Not my favorite place to ride but it’s nice and doable after an hour at the gym.

Mtbdog

Rode the NICA course today. The kids are going to have a great time! The trails are in great shape with very few bad spots. Saw other bikers so maybe they can chime in for a more complete report as I'm not a regular at Lew Mo.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where is this Slaughter House 5 trail?
Up the fire road from the lake, if you pass orange and keep climbing a little ways it’s on the left, about a half mile of single track then dumps you back in the FR. it is indeed still a shit show...

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Up the fire road from the lake, if you pass orange and keep climbing a little ways it’s on the left, about a half mile of single track then dumps you back in the FR. it is indeed still a shit show...
I passed you as I was heading in from PP and you were I guess heading to your car. There were three doodz sitting on that bench by the lake..... I realized it was you as you passed and yelled Soundguy, but no response :shrug:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I passed you as I was heading in from PP and you were I guess heading to your car. There were three doodz sitting on that bench by the lake..... I realized it was you as you passed and yelled Soundguy, but no response :shrug:
Do it better next time! If you’re talking yesterday, I was in such a hurry I couldn’t focus. I had like 30 minutes to ride and was sprinting back to the car to avoid the wife wrath...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions