Lewis Morris Conditions

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is PP/LM cross bike ready yet?
I was zig zagging past PP entrances between Morristown and Lewmo on my road ride yesterday and it did not look good. Aside from the snow, there were several large downed trees visible from the road.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was zig zagging past PP entrances between Morristown and Lewmo on my road ride yesterday and it did not look good. Aside from the snow, there were several large downed trees visible from the road.
yeah... i was figuring as much... was hoping for a small miracle, i guess :/

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah... i was figuring as much... was hoping for a small miracle, i guess :/
Hey, it's still worth a shot. I did see patches of pavement trying to peek through on a couple sections.... If the path doesn't work out there are plenty of country roads in the area!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been? How much snow is there still? Trying to figure out a place for NICA on Saturday morning.

DFrost

Drove by today. The lot across from Sunrise and PP at Whitehead. Seems mildly clear but mushy. LMP drains out fairly quick.
0315181614_HDR.jpg
0315181617_HDR.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been? How much snow is there still? Trying to figure out a place for NICA on Saturday morning.
I’d say no go, man. I tried today and it was brutal. Fat bikes might stand a chance, but I did 3 miles and hiked more than pedal.

Last edited:

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Haven’t been in a while but as for the downed trees I am pretty sure MCPC has its hands full if my own neighborhood deadfall is any indication. Suggest reporting downed trees to trails foreman rnee@morrisparks.net. Might help if you cite approximate location using the matrix on the MCPC map ( like the game Battleship.....A3, B4, etc). Thanks!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone been there lately? I'm thinking of trying early before/during the storm. Thoughts?
I gave it a shot this morning. Orange was mostly rideable, green was alright, but everything on the backside was pretty impossible. There’s also downed trees on every trail.

Rocksrgood4u

Rode yellow to red most of the way today. "Skinny tires"- 2.3/2.1 @15psi. Followed a gentleman fat biker for a lap then rode one of my own. It was brilliant...
tips for riding "skinny" tires in the snow...
Use rear brake only...
Tubeless tires with lowest possible pressure.
Lock out rear sus and any front sus over 120mm
Maintain cadence to power thru crunchy snows with weight bias slightly back...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hit it up today, first tire tracks since the snow this week, it was ridable on my + bike, but challenging, the switchbacks down yellow were the worst of it (i struggled riding them DOWNHILL, partly bc some dickhead cut a path straight down them threw the trees instead of following the trail).

i would say its passable on a + or fat bike, maybe not on a regular bike yet, more warm/freeze will help it IMO.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions