Lewis Morris Conditions

pygmypony

hey folks, if by some miracle of conference call star alignment i am able to escape my desk today...i might be in the LewMo neighborhood around 3pm today (july 26)...

any chance anyone has a conditions update? i'm not that familiar with the trails/how they drain/etc....

thanks!

joe c

Xler8

Conditions were spot on yesterday. A couple wet spots here and there. Aside from that, it was nice and tacky... hero dirt as some would call it.

stilluf

Rode here Sunday morning. Conditions were damp but overall rideable; should be really good tomorrow.
Fun police were back, and removed another log over by the main fire road (which looks like they "plowed" to prep for some gravel). This one was off the trail and wasn't even bothering anybody. On the other hand, a few new log overs have organically appeared in other places. Still, I don't like the overall trend here.

stilluf

Back for another great morning ride here Sunday. Conditions were overall very good and tacky, with some muddy areas.
Also, fun police were once again back at it, removing newly formed log overs. Negative trend continues.

stilluf

Evening ride at Lew Mo yesterday. Dirt is in good tacky shape. But trails are a bit slick from leaf coverage.
Looks like fun police have completely sanitized the trails, except for the big log roll at intersection of orange and teal. Saad.

OverThatHill

Rode it all yesterday, great shape with usual November leaves. Teal is getting a little hard to find under the leaves but that just makes it more fun.

Rocksrgood4u

Stellar snow riding right now... if you can tolerate the cold. Seems the snow is so dry that traction isn't a problem. I'm on f: 2.25" racing ralph @17psi / r: 2.1" hutch taipan @12psi. In a couple days these unique conditions will be over...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Riding is good if you can find clean snow without tracks. Otherwise you just slip right off line. climbing is difficult at best and impossible in other spots. This on 27.5+ tires.

I rode yellow to red short loop cc about 4miles took an hour. I saw up the 3other tire tracks through most of the loop. Fire road was much more rideable

This is as of 1400 today

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
3ish inches right now but 50s Sat and Sun. There will be no snow by Sunday, only mud.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Pretty good today, a few spots soft and muddy but no puddles, a mix of frozen & dry leaves. Nowhere near as bad as Hartshorne was Thursday which was a frozen rutfeast from last weekend.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Wanted to see if there was any intel on Lewis Morris for tomorrow AM before the rain in the afternoon? How much snow is in the area? Clark NJ is all green...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions