Lewis Morris Conditions

Tonggi

THinking of going to Lew Mo today after work. Even though it rained everywhere has been dusty befroe I am assuming it will be great next few days?

Gary B

Has anyone had a chance to ride Lewis Morris since last night's downpour (Fri, July 1)? Just wondering if the trails are too muddy, if trees are down, and if beyond riding safely for a beginner.

johnnyrides

Great riding today. Getting dry again already.

BTW......there is a tree down across the road blocking access to the small Tempe Wick lot. Must have just fallen yesterday or this morning as it was not there yesterday morning. Had to drive through the park to the Lake lot.

jumpa

Great riding today. Getting dry again already.

BTW......there is a tree down across the road blocking access to the small Tempe Wick lot. Must have just fallen yesterday or this morning as it was not there yesterday morning. Had to drive through the park to the Lake lot.

@icebiker prob going to make parking in the campground lot for TM difficult

jumpa

Little moist in the usual spots but should dry out fairly quick. Also managed to "trick" a few friends into helping repair the ruts I heard about that formed . "Wanna ride? Oh btw I just happen to have access to some tools, mind lending a hand?" And a few hours later

(also the wine berries are growing in!)

Before

20160717_140403.jpg

20160717_140422.jpg

20160717_141306.jpg

After

Screenshot_20160718-140009.jpg

Screenshot_20160718-140038.jpg

Last edited:

BKBS

do you guys ever join together for group rides? I find myself riding a lot by myself *sad face* and would love some people to hang with. I'm quite sporadic with my rides though, never sure when I can get out and ride.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@BKBS the meetup group meets every wednesday at 6 pm... i've been to a number of those rides... they often split the group into smaller groups at different paces because so many people show up... great group of people to ride with :)

i also live in morristown and often pop in to lew mo for a ride at random times.

jumpa

do you guys ever join together for group rides? I find myself riding a lot by myself *sad face* and would love some people to hang with. I'm quite sporadic with my rides though, never sure when I can get out and ride.

Roughly when are your sporadic rides? I could prob make it out to one.

stilluf

Trails were typical for Lew Mo after some rain: some mud here and there, but definitely ridable. Rated it 3, will
Be 4 tmrrw if no more rain. Post-ride dip in the river was Very refreshing!!
Anyone know why the first water crossing after the gazebo (yellow?) was closed off? Bridge is fine, but going through the water was much more interesting.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Trails were typical for Lew Mo after some rain: some mud here and there, but definitely ridable. Rated it 3, will
Be 4 tmrrw if no more rain. Post-ride dip in the river was Very refreshing!!
Anyone know why the first water crossing after the gazebo (yellow?) was closed off? Bridge is fine, but going through the water was much more interesting.
Yep, the MCPC natural resources crew is doing that and is not in synch with the trail foreman. They are also responsible for the other closures, including legit trail sections. We are hoping to meet with all parties later this month to get things sorted out. Some sections definitely needed to be closed, others must be reopened.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yep, the MCPC natural resources crew is doing that and is not in synch with the trail foreman. They are also responsible for the other closures, including legit trail sections. We are hoping to meet with all parties later this month to get things sorted out. Some sections definitely needed to be closed, others must be reopened.

I rode this week. These guys are clearly out of control.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode during Hurricane Hermine on Sunday morning. Conditions were perfect. I knew about some of the new trail closures ahead of time, but it's still disappointing to actually see them. The Boat Loop is no longer a loop, and is now an out and back which adds to oncoming traffic. :(

Was good to get out, even if my 15 year old unserviced RockShox Judy sounds like it's about to explode.

Did get to ride the new switch back reroute going downhill... Great job guys. Much better than the washed out point and shoot downhill. Need to try going up next time.

stilluf

Rode at Lew Mo on Sunday morning. Conditions were good; a bit dry but not terrible. Rated it a 3. Sad to see those trail closures!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions