Lew Mo Trail Building Sep 19th

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Trail Building continues at Lew Mo this month. We started on the new trail in June, a few more dates needed to finish it off, so hope those of you who ride Lew Mo frequently will chip in.
  • Note for High Schoolers: If you're looking to beef up your resume before applying to colleges, this is a great way to earn community service/volunteer hours.
  • Note for Racers: This work is eligible for PayDirt points.
Where and when to meet:

If you didn't join us on the 6/20 date or don't know your way around Lewis Morris park, then meet at the Sunrise Lake Boathouse by 8:00AM sharp on Sat Sep 19th. Address is 270 Mendham Road, Morristown (about 3 miles west of Morristown center). Enter the main park road and keep making right turns until you get to the Sunrise Lake Boathouse.

After meeting at 8:00, we will drive (caravan) to the interior of the park, close to the work site, so that we can begin work at 8:30. We'll be done by 11:30. Steady rain cancels.

If you joined us on the 6/20 date, or you know your way around Lewis Morris park, enter Lewis Morris from the south entrance off Tempe Wicke road, and drive up the dirt road until the 2nd parking lot. This is the lot just before the Campground. Drive slowly out of respect for other trail/dirt road users. Don't park in the campground. Be at the parking lot at 8:20 sharp.

What to bring: Bring bug repellent and wear long sleeves/pants if necessary as we will be working in the woods off the current trail. No tools or gloves needed, these will be supplied, as will water and snacks.

Requirements: All new volunteers will be required to sign liability waivers. These will be provided at the trail date. Those who attended 6/20 will not need to.

Please email me (or confirm by responding to this thread) if you can come so I have a count of how many to expect and where you'll be meeting us.

Hope to see you there!

lew'mo has been my go to spot this summer. im gonna try extra hard to come out to this even if i have to call off work.

Bump!!

Thanks Jumpa!

All, looks like we have some folks from the MeetUp crew joining us, along with some of the core regulars....if anyone else can chip in from the MTBNJ gang, we can hopefully get the new trail cut in by October.

Many thanks to the awesome crew that turned up today! Some major progress on the new section.

Anyone else interested in seeing this new section open by October: hope you'll consider joining us next month (Oct 17th)!

0919150854a_zpssedjqyh4.jpg

0919151116_zps5riocvxy.jpg

0919151116a_zpsge7vssx2.jpg

Preview of the route....
New%20Trail_zps4dp5lsj4.jpg

It's a half mile, off western midsection of yellow. Head and tail of the trail still need digging in, so not open yet, but we're hoping to get that done in October. Already forming some ideas for next year's projects.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions