Lets talk tires

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have Fuel Ex8 in the 27.5+ tire variety that i bought last November, it came with a set of 27.5x2.8 knobby knics (new compound) which have been great from a reliability standpoint. Recently iv been noticing the front end wants to push out in higher speed turns and my attempts to adjust air pressure have not yielded the results that i would like (or much results at all). I dont claim my technique is flawless, but i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on a 27.5+ (2.8-3.0) tire which works well in corners that i could swap onto the front, the rear seems to do very well with this tire so i think ill leave it alone.

rick81721

Lothar
So that's your excuse for me catching up to you yesterday? :p What pressure are you running? I have 2.8 nobby nics front and rear now, I'm usually between 15 and 18 psi

Ian F

tire discussions...
miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Talk to Jack. Jack talk tires. Jack talk tires real good.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I thought nevegals were for the back of a rigid 26r? 7sp of course

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My bike came stock with the 2.8 Rekons. I like them a lot, but I'll probably replace them with Minions once they wear out.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So that's your excuse for me catching up to you yesterday? :p What pressure are you running? I have 2.8 nobby nics front and rear now, I'm usually between 15 and 18 psi

ha sure that works for me!

iv tried from 9-20 psi in the front and cant find a sweet spot, they seem to be best around 11-12 psi tho . . .

the back is great at 12-13 psi

rick81721

Lothar
ha sure that works for me!

iv tried from 9-20 psi in the front and cant find a sweet spot, they seem to be best around 11-12 psi tho . . .

the back is great at 12-13 psi

Good info. I should be running lower pressures, I've run 12-13 psi in my 2.3" 29er tires. Paranoid about the carbon rims on the 27.5+ bike

Blair

I dont claim my technique is flawless
Bingo........I have the same setup and works great. I don’t measure psi, all I know is if I hit the rim it’s too low and throw a couple pumps in which normally that’s the rear with the weight anyway.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I run 11 psi in the front and 13 psi in the rear on my 2.8's, but I hit the rims occasionally, especially the rear when dropping down obstacles onto rocks. When I get carbon rims I'll probably run them a tiny bit higher. 11/14 or 12/15 maybe.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was thinking about this last night after reading some of the replys, and this seems to be something that i noticed recently, when i first got the bike (hence new tires as well) i didnt seem to notice the tire washing, so i wonder if the tire is wearing (700 miles seems like not enough wear IMO, but wth do i know) or have i gotten faster by enough that im overriding the tires (or not slowing down enough)??? . . . .

food for thought,

i also found the wtb bridge tire which seems to get some good reviews as far as cornering grip goes. . .i can see this game getting expensive real quick

Top Bottom