Lets talk tires

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have Fuel Ex8 in the 27.5+ tire variety that i bought last November, it came with a set of 27.5x2.8 knobby knics (new compound) which have been great from a reliability standpoint. Recently iv been noticing the front end wants to push out in higher speed turns and my attempts to adjust air pressure have not yielded the results that i would like (or much results at all). I dont claim my technique is flawless, but i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on a 27.5+ (2.8-3.0) tire which works well in corners that i could swap onto the front, the rear seems to do very well with this tire so i think ill leave it alone.

So that's your excuse for me catching up to you yesterday? :p What pressure are you running? I have 2.8 nobby nics front and rear now, I'm usually between 15 and 18 psi

tire discussions...
miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

Talk to Jack. Jack talk tires. Jack talk tires real good.

I thought nevegals were for the back of a rigid 26r? 7sp of course

My bike came stock with the 2.8 Rekons. I like them a lot, but I'll probably replace them with Minions once they wear out.

So that's your excuse for me catching up to you yesterday? :p What pressure are you running? I have 2.8 nobby nics front and rear now, I'm usually between 15 and 18 psi

ha sure that works for me!

iv tried from 9-20 psi in the front and cant find a sweet spot, they seem to be best around 11-12 psi tho . . .

the back is great at 12-13 psi

ha sure that works for me!

iv tried from 9-20 psi in the front and cant find a sweet spot, they seem to be best around 11-12 psi tho . . .

the back is great at 12-13 psi

Good info. I should be running lower pressures, I've run 12-13 psi in my 2.3" 29er tires. Paranoid about the carbon rims on the 27.5+ bike

I dont claim my technique is flawless
Bingo........I have the same setup and works great. I don’t measure psi, all I know is if I hit the rim it’s too low and throw a couple pumps in which normally that’s the rear with the weight anyway.

I run 11 psi in the front and 13 psi in the rear on my 2.8's, but I hit the rims occasionally, especially the rear when dropping down obstacles onto rocks. When I get carbon rims I'll probably run them a tiny bit higher. 11/14 or 12/15 maybe.

i was thinking about this last night after reading some of the replys, and this seems to be something that i noticed recently, when i first got the bike (hence new tires as well) i didnt seem to notice the tire washing, so i wonder if the tire is wearing (700 miles seems like not enough wear IMO, but wth do i know) or have i gotten faster by enough that im overriding the tires (or not slowing down enough)??? . . . .

food for thought,

i also found the wtb bridge tire which seems to get some good reviews as far as cornering grip goes. . .i can see this game getting expensive real quick

Back
Top Bottom